Search Page | Back to Results
To advance the purpose of Bear Trap Ranch, this position will plan, organize and manage the facilities and maintenance department. Must be a Christian.
Supervised by: Bear Trap Ranch Camp Director
Supervises: Facilities staff, Recreational Summer Crew
Maintain buildings and grounds in a manner consistent with the quality standards of Foundation of the Heart, Bear Trap Ranch by:
• Assuring that facilities, mechanical vehicles and machinery are working properly
• Planning and coordinating all aspects of remodeling projects
• Overseeing rental and operation of heavy equipment
• Assisting in several areas of recreational support (rappelling, rock climbing, hikes)
• Provide training for the “Leave no trace” requirements for the US Forest Service.
• Maintain fresh water and waste water treatment facilities.
• Trouble-shooting in all areas: electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, mechanics (vehicles and small engine) including grounds and buildings.
Provide supervision of facility staff by:
• Training and supervising facility staff team
Ensure the facilities meet standards for guests by:
• Cleaning and preparing rooms
• Identifying maintenance needs
• Assuring usability and safety of rooms
Provide administrative support by:
• Maintaining operating records as required by community and governmental regulations including:
• Risk Management standards
• Crisis Management plans and staff training
• Health and safety
• Providing insurance records and information as needed
• Assisting in preparation of capitol and operating budgets with Director
• Prioritizing projects so they are congruent with current budget and operating plan
• Preparing and submitting reports to Director as requested
• Preparing reports to the Department of Health when needed
• Maintaining yearly propane gas contract.
Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by:
• Performing office functions to support own work and others' work as assigned
• Working in partnership with the team as needed on specified projects such as camp preparation and cleanup as assigned
• Participating in scheduled community activities and meetings
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 9/20/2023 6:32:43 PM