Search Page | Back to Results
The Program Coordinator will work to maximize the ministry’s effectiveness by building on a foundation of successful programs and developing new events in line with the organization’s current season of major growth. The ideal candidate will have skills in program administration and implementation, especially the development and management of camping programs. The position partners with the Director of Ministry Events to develop and oversee a variety of events and ongoing programs, including day camps, overnight camps, adult retreats, and day programs.
Cedar Lake Ministries (CLM) is an Evangelical non-profit organization that has been located in Cedar Lake, Indiana for over one hundred years. Our desire is to glorify God by assisting the local church in "Building Strong Godly Families" through our creative camp programs, events, retreats, conference center services, and an RV park. We partner with ministries, churches, schools, denominations, and families in Northwest Indiana, the greater Chicago area, nationally, and internationally to impact lives for the Kingdom. As we fulfill our mission of “providing a life-changing environment for evangelism and spiritual growth,” our goal is to spiritually impact the lives of children, adults, and seniors. Each year approximately 12,000 people visit Cedar Lake Ministries. Currently, the ministry is enjoying a season of growth and is expanding each of its ministry areas, as well as adding a new training and internship ministries.
Summer Camps and Youth Retreats
Summary: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of summer camps that are safe, fun, and missional.
• Overnight Summer Camp
• Day Camp
• Winter Retreats
• Recruiting, hiring, and training of seasonal personnel
• Contracting speakers and bands
• Work with the Marketing Coordinator for event promotion and recap
• Developing event schedule
• Parent and church communication
• Ministry to summer staff
• Recruit, train, and work with mission trip youth groups who work with Day Camp
• Assist with the management of scholarship program
Summary: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of adult retreats that are safe, fun, and missional.
• Ladies Retreats
• Men’s Retreats
• Couples Retreats
Day Events and Activities Management
Summary: The Program Coordinator will work with the Retreats Team to facilitate activities for guest groups, field trips, and other day events.
• Recruit, train, and manage Activity Staff team
• Schedule activities
• Work with Maintenance Team to ensure proper maintenance of activity equipment
• Work with Ministry Events Director to periodically add new activities
Summary: The Program Coordinator will be involved in CLM’s new Training Ministry, including an internship program leading to a Master’s Degree, Summer Staff training, and missions team in our newly launching Trek program
• Assist in the development of camp ministry training curricula for interns
• Recruit, train, and manage summer staff
• Student Leadership Training (SLT) program management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in camp or youth ministry is preferred, individuals without a degree but with prior experience are welcome to apply.
Required Skills and Experience:
• An active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and active church involvement
• Youth or camp ministry experience
• Program creation and development
• Supervision/management experience
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Staff training
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Self-managing, driven, time-management
• Ability to sort competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Social media management
• Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, and Forms
CLM offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a God-honoring, growing organization that always strives for excellence. As an employee, you will enjoy an environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and diversity.
The Program Coordinator is a full-time salaried position.
Questions related to this position should be directed to:
Ministry Events Director
Cedar Lake Ministries
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/14/2018 4:01:22 PM