Search Page | Back to Results
The Legacy Fellowship is a leadership internship from mid-August through August of the following year. The program is designed to provide work experience and training in leadership and ministry within a Christian camp setting. Those within the program are trained in the various areas of ministry within Sky Ranch, while providing an excellent and safe experience for Sky Ranch ministries. This position exists in order to help individuals grow in experience in leadership through ministering to guests through the various operations and activities, while learning to actively lead within the programs and operations of Sky Ranch camps. During the summer, the position assists with Summer Camp sessions in a leadership role. This program also provides pre-requisite training for Sky Ranch’s Legacy 2 Fellowship Program, which is a two-year work internship where Fellows can also achieve a master’s degree with costs fully paid by Sky Ranch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Year-round responsibilities at all locations, include but are not limited to:
*Assist with meeting needs of retreat groups by setting up meeting rooms, facilitating activities, and assisting guests with arrival to departure.
*Participate in experiential leadership development opportunities. This includes study and application of Biblical leadership principals in all of these significant ministry opportunities.
*Participate in all community teambuilding and bible study activities.
*Contribute at least one article to the Fellowship blog.
*Serve in a ministerial role with co-workers and camp guests as needed; duties include but are not limited to leading in devotional times; praying with individuals, leading in corporate prayer times, and mentoring other coworkers.
*Handle all written correspondence (emails, letters, and memos) accurately and on a timely basis.
*Answer phones promptly, take accurate messages, and respond to requests for information timely.
*Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements. • Perform other duties as required.
2. Non-Summer Months, Van (Texas)
-Teach Outdoor Education classes for one or two days per week.
-Assist in the absence of the retreat coordinator with security, gate radio and urgent guest needs responsibilities throughout the year on a weekly rotation basis with other Fellows.
-Assist in special project needs including facilities, curriculum, camper retention & registrations, summer staff recruiting, etc.
3. Non-Summer Months, Horn Creek (Colorado) and Cave Springs (Oklahoma)
-Learn and assist with camp operations by rotating through various roles to gain an understanding of the role of the various departments. Rotation schedule will include working in the following areas: maintenance, food service, hospitality, housekeeping, administration, activities, retreats and marketing.
4. Summer Months, Serve in a leadership role at one of Sky Ranch’s summer camps.
-Launch Camp (DFW area)
-Summer Camp -Van, Cave Springs, or Ute Trail
-Summer Camp - Horn Creek: Two summers
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
2. Active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
3. Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
4. Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
5. Undergraduate degree strongly preferred. In-depth understanding of the field of camping and/or Christian ministry preferred generally acquired through a minimum of one year or summer of related experience in camp ministry;
6. Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
7. Interest in leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
8. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
9. Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
12. Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members.
13. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or retreats as required.
14. Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
15. Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
16. Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Ability to speak clearly and make oneself understood in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through email. Excellent listening skills.
17. Excellent, professional written communication skills.
18. Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
19. Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
20. Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
21. Professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
22. Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
23. Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Basic internet and social media skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
1. Works indoors in normal office environment about half of the time and outdoors the other time exposed to the seasonal weather elements of specific camp location.
2. Physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally for moving, lifting, and carrying objects.
3. Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination, including:
4. Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
5. Must reside in on-camp housing during the fellowship program.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Outdoor Education
Updated: 2/12/2020 10:23:06 AM