Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Director
Food Service Director
Supervisor: Executive Director or Leadership Team Member
Supervises: Regular and Seasonal staff
Status: Regular Full-time
Location: Campus by the Sea (Santa Catalina Island, CA)
To advance the purpose of Campus by the Sea, this position will support the ongoing ministry of the camp, direct the Food Service department, produce healthy meals, maintain sanitary and organized meal production, food storage, dish cleaning and meal serving areas. This leader will responsibly ensure the planning, preparation and service of nutritious and appealing meals and snacks to guests in a comfortable, clean and healthy setting appropriate for the camp.
• Direct all aspects of the Food Service Department
• Meet or exceed health department standards. Follow food safety and nutritional guidelines.
• Produce healthy/attractive. good-tasting meals and maintain a clean/welcoming environment. This includes food preparation, cooking, serving, and cleaning.) Develop and adjust menus for all guests/campers and staff and accommodate special and limited diets.
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise and retain excellent staff.
• Initiate and nurture good relationships with vendors. Place orders in a timely manner to ensure adequate food and supplies are on site. Tracks inventory and ensures appropriate storage for food and supplies.
• Demonstrate excellent stewardship while constructing and implementing the Food Service budget. Provide reports and solicit information as needed/requested.
• Work in collaboration and full partnership with other members of camp staff and leadership, including when needed on special projects.
• Encourage, lead, and participate in camp community enhancement activities.
• Seek opportunity to mentor and disciple kitchen staff.
• Annually affirm the Campus by the Sea Statement of Faith, Mission and Purpose.
• Servant’s heart and mature walk with the Lord.
• College degree, trade certification or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of a professional kitchen and food service operation.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple objectives. Effective planning, organizing and implementing skills.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required. Willingness to learn new concepts, methods, and skills.
• Must be able to work in a multigenerational and multicultural environment and demonstrate willingness to contribute to positive community development.
• Ability to participate in and lead physical activities. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to follow through with other duties as assigned by the Camp Director ordirect report.
• California Food Manager Certification
• Professional camping and/or ministry experience.
• Standard First Aid and CPR, adult & infant certification (and willingness to pursue education to become certified).
• A working knowledge of current Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
CBS staff members annually affirm the Statement of Faith, Purpose and Mission statements of the organization:
Serving campers for God’s glory.
Campus by the Sea exists to foster Christian faith and discipleship by offering campers opportunities for genuine renewal, authentic relationships, and unique island experiences.
Our Beliefs (Statement of Faith)
1. The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
3. The Bible as God’s word to all, written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
4. The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who provides all believers with new life, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in treating others as we would like to be treated.
5. The value and dignity of all people - created in God’s image, embracing diversity, living in love with Him and others.
6. The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worship and spreading God’s word through love, study and action throughout the world.
Our Beliefs are Manifested by:
Living Christ’s mission through words and works--to make God known; to proclaim His truth and grace; to make disciples; to exhibit His character through sacrificial living; and to responsibly care for God’s creation.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 2/20/2024 1:55:32 PM