Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Adventure Camp Sr (SAC Sr) Leadership Team
$1,500 sign on bonus
Company: Kids Junction
Position: Summer Adventure Camp Sr (SAC Sr) Leadership Team
Reports to: School Age Director
Wage $19-$22/ hour based on experience.
Sign on Bonus $750 at point of hire, $750 after 60 days.
Revised: November 2023
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Job descriptions represent a general outline of job responsibilities and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and, therefore, their descriptions may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point of time.
General Description: Sac Sr. is a day camp that runs Monday – Friday (6:00 am – 6:00 pm). SAC Sr. is based on field trips, new experiences, fun activities and building positive relationships. The Camp runs for about 12 weeks from early June to late August. The rest of the year would be dedicated to planning the camp along with being a teacher for our After School Adventure Club. There are also opportunities to lead our Music, Art and Physical Education programs in the offseason of camp.
This position will help further the mission of Kids Junction and its camps. While keeping the values and mission of Kids Junction, this position is responsible for creating a safe, fun and stimulating environment for all campers and staff.
Mission Statement: Building strong mind, body, and Christian character in partnership with families to bring out the best in each child.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in the Design, implement and evaluate Sac Sr so it meets the needs and interest of the target population (including campers, parents and staff) and ensure this happens in a safe manner while meeting the expectations of Kids Junction
• Remain current with the ever changing needs of the youth, developmentally, socially, emotionally
• Help in the process of seeking and analyzing input from campers, parents, staff regarding all elements of the camp to include but not limited to the quality, safety, enjoyment, things that did and did not work
• Assist in the Design and implement delivery of planned activities appropriate to the needs of the campers
• Assist in the Design and implement crisis and risk management procedures
• Manage and maintain relationships with the property owners of space we lease/rent
• Assist in Overseeing the daily operation of the summer resident camp including but not limited to food service, program business, camper and staff supervision, safety and health concerns
• Assist in Overseeing the safety of the campers including knowing their whereabouts, having the proper paperwork for tracking kids
• Work collaboratively with administration and staff to ensure the enhancement of the camp operation
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in the financial planning aspects of the camp including working within a budget and still making the camp appealing to the target population while continuing to focus on long term goals
• Assist in the design and implementation of a marketing plan to, increase camper attendance and retain campers from the previous years
• Assist in the management of seasonal staff
• Assist with the school age program and being an after school teacher during the school year
• Conduct special projects as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies:
• At least 3 years of experience in a camp setting with at least 2 years of leadership
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• High level attention to detail and strong customer service skills with demonstrated relationship building skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of team building skills
• Knowledge of outdoor leadership skills
• Experience driving small passenger buses
• Ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day
• Ability to lift 40 pounds or more
• Obtain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) for driving campers in a company bus within 30 days of receiving position
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 12/13/2023 10:38:21 AM