Search Page | Back to Results
• Must be a Born-Again Christian whose personal beliefs are parallel with the PVBCC statement of faith, (attached), and who will aspire continually to growth in faith, maturity, and selfless service as a reflection of the Person and character of Jesus Christ.
• This position requires a person who is committed to a service ministry and is willing to work unusual hours at times to fulfill the needs of our guests and/or staff team. “Service Ministry” requires a servant’s heart and a willing spirit which are essential elements of a SERVICE CULTURE. This is the means by which we fulfill the overall mission of PVBCC which is to provide an environment where the presence of God is invited into the experience of every guest. The staff role in what God may want to accomplish in the experience of our guests is to reflect His love and His sacrifice through heart attitude, countenance, and an excellent standard of service.
• Personal priorities will reflect those of Jesus Christ, i.e. God – People – Task, in this order.
• This staff position is part of a community of co-workers and fellow believers who live on the conference grounds requiring a deep commitment to the spiritual health and mission of the community. This dynamic requires a higher level of team contribution and selflessness than normal work environments, setting aside the fierce independence of the culture around us.
• This candidate will be a trusted professional who will manage and execute mission critical processes requiring a high level of integrity, character, and sound personal judgment. Personal image and character count, and are attributed to PVBCC in the minds of our constituency.
• Should possess or have the aptitude to acquire all necessary licenses and/or certifications required to lead in technical areas or perform compliance related tasks.
• Experience with service or ministry related work processes with a strong ability to organize, prioritize and mobilize people to complete tasks.
• Should possess a high level of collaborative skills with other professional ministry disciplines such as finance, ministry programming, and guest services with the ability to see the big picture.
• PVBCC operates on an 80/20 schedule. Eighty percent of your work day will be in your department with the other twenty percent working in any and all departments.
• The ability to use computer applications to enhance productivity and reporting, if applicable.
• Candidate should be able to operate the rolling calendar and manage their schedule.
This employee is expected to take full responsibility to own and drive the requirements of their operational area. This requires a thorough understanding of the scope of responsibility and Director’s authority.
A. To be a person of high moral character who is growing in their faith and is walking daily in the fruit of the Spirit. One who is growing in personal discipline, capability, and the ability to manage personal capacity; able to set a high standard for direct reports to follow in both Spiritual and work dimensions.
B. To be a leader dedicated to setting high personal expectations in alignment with the same.
C. To both respect and honor supervisors and other team members, embracing God driven change with enthusiasm and the will to succeed.
D. To be a tenacious problem-solver with the will to prevail.
E. To innovate towards a constantly improving service level.
F. To own and drive all key responsibilities and initiatives of their department which can include establishing priorities, planning, setting calendars, schedules, timelines, deadlines, establishing processes, driving implementation, and coordinating with other leaders, staff, and departments.
G. To lead by example to other co-workers, a commitment to building an increasing level of competence and fellowship with each individual.
H. To maintain a personal work schedule that optimizes your role as a key team member and is in the best interest of the ministry operation considering everyone depends on you.
I. Hours worked must be flexible and have some direct correlation to our guest schedule which often means working on weekends and holidays. Sundays are worked on a rotating schedule.
J. To cooperate and coordinate as a team player committed to a team effort that has impact beyond your department.
K. To know your “industry”, draw upon best practices, and build from a constantly growing source of professional resource to stay on the cutting edge of service development. Always be looking to improve oneself.
L. To be an excellent communicator, accessible to the PVBCC Team, armed with a radio and cell phone to facilitate guest services and teamwork.
1. Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and be able to work outside in various weather conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, and dust.
2. Work with supervisor to prepare any and all reports, if applicable.
3. Work alongside other PVBCC team members in M, GS, P, Rec, and FS.
4. Provide Spiritual encouragement to all staff, cultivating a deep sense of contribution and purpose associated with our mission.
5. Cultivate and work through a Guest Services, Guest Ready, and Guest Experience lens with the understanding that we are here to serve our groups and the individuals involved, facilitating their events and purposes in the name of Jesus Christ. Quick response to guest issues is often a priority driver.
6. Must demonstrate functional agility in the following areas:
A. Able to lift 40 lbs.
B. Able to work on your knees, if applicable
C. Able to work from step and extension ladders
D. Possess the strength and stamina to work in any department
E. Able to work in varying weather conditions - rain, hot, cold, humid, dry, etc.
F. Able to work in outside during seasons of dry dust and pollen
G. Able to be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day, breaks not included.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/8/2023 4:25:58 PM