Search Page | Back to Results
Technical Services Coordinator
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Technical Services Supervisor to oversee and manage all aspects of our audiovisual systems and technology infrastructure. This role involves a combination of technical expertise, team leadership, and project management to ensure the seamless operation of our audiovisual and technology systems.
Tuscarora Inn and Conference Center’s mission statement is to serve the Christian community by providing programs and facilities for worship, teaching, counseling, and physical refreshment, focusing on the Bible as a standard for living.
1. Manage and maintain the network infrastructure and hardware including office network, public network, and associated hardware to ensure smooth and secure connectivity. Monitor network performance, identify issues, and implement solutions to optimize network functionality.
2. Be knowledgeable of audiovisual systems. Maintain and troubleshoot audiovisual equipment, including but not limited to projectors, sound systems, microphones, and video conferencing systems in all areas of the ministry. Ensure the quality and functionality of audiovisual equipment in auditoriums, meeting rooms, and other designated areas.
3. Oversee and operate sound boards and lighting boards for events and presentations, ensuring optimal audio and visual experiences. Collaborate with event organizers to plan and execute successful audiovisual setups.
4. Manage and maintain phone and cable systems including VoIP and traditional lines, ensuring reliable communication across the organization. Manage cable infrastructure for television distribution and data connectivity.
5. Ensure the proper functioning of security camera systems (monitoring camera feeds, and managing video storage), alarm systems, and fire detection technology.
6. Maintain and manage electronic lock systems used for security and access control within the organization.
7. Oversee the maintenance and repair of televisions and monitors throughout the organization as well as their use for communication, closed circuit, and broadcast options.
8. Supervise a team of audiovisual assistants and volunteers, providing guidance and training.
9. Build relationships with external vendors and contractors for equipment procurement, maintenance, and repairs.
10. Develop and manage budgets for audiovisual and technology-related projects and ongoing maintenance. Negotiate contracts and service agreements to optimize cost-effectiveness. Track expenses, report variances, and make recommendations for cost-saving initiatives.
• Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field (e.g., Audio Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics)
• Proven experience in audiovisual management, including television maintenance, sound and lighting systems, and network infrastructure.
• Strong technical skills and knowledge of audiovisual equipment and software.
• Familiarities with security camera systems, electronic lock systems, and network hardware.
• Basic knowledge of electrical work.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues efficiently.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Leadership and team management experience.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing technology trends.
Salary commensurate with experience; employer provided housing is a possibility
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Audio Visual
Updated: 10/26/2023 9:12:22 AM