Search Page | Back to Results
Assistant Facilities Director
PURPOSE FOR THE POSITION
This position is to provide a second-in-command to the Facilities Director with a focus on routine/preventative maintenance. The Twin Rocks Facilities Department strives to create physical spaces that allow people the freedom to meet with Christ and build community with others. An ideal candidate will have a passion for helping to create an environment that reduces distractions and puts guests at ease so they may more easily enter into spiritual and community building activities.
* Assist in the maintenance and up-keep of the facilities and grounds with a focus on routine maintenance and upkeep.
* Some supervision of other staff and volunteers in the maintenance department.
* Attitude of service and a commitment to Twin Rocks Friends Camp and its ministry.
* Possess an evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the organizational goals, including a signed agreement with Twin Rocks statement of faith and lifestyle commitment
* Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone.
* Ability to undertake the job duties and responsibilities in a friendly, respectful, detail-oriented manner.
* General knowledge of most aspects of building construction/maintenance and grounds upkeep.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Christ and exemplify that relationship in daily life.
* Ability to work with other staff in planning logistics and other decision-making.
* Self motivated person who can anticipate the needs of our staff and guests.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time and yet maintain a positive, friendly attitude with staff and guests.
* Ability to supervise individuals and small groups with confidence, knowledge, and respect.
* An eye for details and ability to see problems and develop a plan to address them in order to keep the facility in top-notch condition.
It is important to be in good physical condition and be able to lift up to 75 pounds. This job will include work on ladders and roofs, in crawls spaces above and below buildings, reaching, crawling, lifting, sweeping, etc.
The position involves working both outside and inside, sometimes in inclement weather.
The employee should be able to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) in English with staff, contractors, guests, and volunteers.
This job will have a focus on routine/preventative maintenance tasks including, but not limited to:
* Periodic cleaning of roofs, gutters, and downs spouts
* Pressure washing buildings and sidewalks
* Carpet cleaning
* Interior and exterior painting
* Periodic facility inspections
* Maintain on-site water system with testing, system flushing, marking and clearing important access points
* Inspecting, cleaning, repairing HVAC systems
* Various other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to (as abilities exist):
-- Repairs of various equipment and facilities
-- Cleaning/inspecting/oiling/greasing vehicles, equipment, and tools
-- Changing light bulbs
-- Minor plumbing repairs
-- Small woodworking projects
-- The Assistant Facilities Director may be asked to assist with oversight of the grounds department and perform some grounds-keeping duties. At times supervising groups of volunteers.
-- As with all camp employees, facilities workers will at times help with housekeeping and dish room responsibilities
This is a full-time, year-round, management-level position, eligible for the camp’s full benefit package as outlined in the Twin Rocks’ Employee Handbook. On average, the person in this position will work 45 hours per week.
Twin Rocks Facilities Director
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/6/2023 1:56:15 PM