Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Food Services
Job Title: Director of Food Service
Reports to: ILNC Executive Director
Position Type: Full time, salaried, exempt
The Director of Food Service oversees the dining, catering, and snack bar operations of ILNC. This person is responsible for ordering food and all supplies related to the operation. He/she is responsible for providing high-quality, healthy, and tasty food for our guests--a vital part of the overall guest experience. He/she is responsible for staffing the operation and will work closely with the Executive Director and Human Resources Coordinator to that end. He/she will also work closely with the Executive Director and Bookkeeper to ensure that there is accurate accounting of costs and income for the operation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Know and support the mission of ILNC: “Indian Lake Nazarene Camp: A sacred space to experience renewal, relationships and recreation.”
• Communicate with the Director of Guest Relations regarding meal services for scheduled events and retreat groups, as well as direct basic marketing of the food service.
• Communicate with the Program Directors and/or Registrar for summer camps to schedule and plan appropriate meal service, and to accommodate food allergies and restrictions.
• Oversee the ILNC snack bar and camp store, either directly or through a Snack Bar Manager.
• Build positive relationships--encouraging communication and problem-solving--with residents, guests, and team members.
• Develop menus for snack bar, dining hall, retreats, catering, and special events.
• Develop operational standards and practices in keeping with ILNC guidelines and oversight agencies.
• Follow the written food service policy for children’s and youth summer camp programs.
• Oversee the general condition and cleanliness of kitchen and dining facilities, and operate according to the standards of ServSafe and the Kalamazoo County Health Department.
• Train and encourage development of food service workers.
• Interact with guests to offer the best possible service and value, with a goal of total guest satisfaction.
• Recruit and supervise volunteers for hosting, cleaning, setup etc.
• Control costs of food, labor, and equipment in accordance with the assigned budget.
• Participate in weekly team meetings.
Qualifications and Skills:
• A testimony and lifestyle that gives evidence of a true experience of salvation by grace in Jesus Christ, and willingness to abide by the current ILNC Code of Christian Conduct.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Very organized.
• Highly relational.
• Cool under pressure.
• Creative and flexible in approaching tasks.
• Mature problem solver.
• Proven ability to lead people and give clear direction.
• Proven ability to prepare excellent food.
• Physical ability to lift 25-50 pounds, carry at least 25 pounds no less than ten feet, lift items up to 25 pounds at least two feet overhead, and perform moderate physical labor continuously for two to four hours in temperatures up to 90 degrees.
• Successful completion of an ANSI/CFP accredited food-safety exam within the past five years.
• ServSafe Food Manager and Allergens certifications within previous five years desirable.
• Experience managing catering, casual dining, or fast-casual dining a plus.
Work Schedule/Compensation: This position is a year-round, full-time, exempt salaried position with great fluctuation in work schedule, depending on the season.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, starting at $44,000 to $48,000 per year.
• Forty hours per week is the expected average.
• Eight ILNC-approved paid holidays per year.
• Ten sick days per year.
• Two personal days per year.
• Two weeks paid vacation after the first year.
• Ministry-provided smart phone and cellular service plan.
• Compensation time in the off season for holidays worked during the summer (May-August).
• Insurance and other benefits are not provided by ILNC, but the total compensation will include amounts designated for legally-allowed salary and benefit options.
For more information on ILNC, please visit www.indianlake.camp
Apply online at https://nazcamp.campbrainstaff.com/ and send letter of interest and résumé to Jeff Hodge, Executive Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at:
Indian Lake Nazarene Camp
8258 Victory Street
Vicksburg, MI 49097
Phone: (269) 649-2281
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 9/15/2023 3:44:34 PM