Search Page | Back to Results
Cedar Canyon Camp exists to create an atmosphere where people can meet God, fellowship with others, find rest, and have fun! We are located minutes from downtown Rapid City and a short drive from all the Black Hills have to offer including Mount Rushmore. We are close to it all yet when you're here, you feel like you're away from it all!
We are looking for someone to join our team who has a heart for God, a love for people, and an understanding of how critical the facilities department is to the fulfillment of our mission here at Cedar Canyon Camp. We are looking for someone who understands camp and it's mission and wants to see that mission accomplished through the facilities department. Someone who sees the big picture but knows how important the small details are to that big picture. Someone who loves to make sure that there are no distractions to guests and group goals that attend CCC. Someone who loves to lead a team but understands the need to "get their hands dirty". Above all, someone who loves Jesus and wants to see every person that comes to camp meet Him and grow in their walk with Him.
The Facilities Manager will oversee day to day operations of the camp specifically focused on the facilities and grounds departments. Our goal is to provide and environment where people can experience Jesus, fellowship, and grow as individuals in a residential camp and retreat atmosphere. This is a critical role to fulfilling the mission of CCC as these areas provide integral needs to the success of each camper and guest experience.
This is a management AND hands on position. As a part of a growing staff, both personnel oversight and being an integral worker in these areas will be necessary.
1. Be in agreement with the CCC statement of faith and policies.
2. Have a working knowledge of how a Christian camp functions including food
service and it’s implication in the Christian camp environment.
3. Have the ability to relate to and work well with all ages of people.
4. Be highly motivated, a self starter, and well organized.
5. Have supervisory skills for overseeing staff and volunteers.
6. Have the basic understanding of maintenance, grounds upkeep, and housekeeping within the context of Christian camping
7. Possess or be able to obtain any and all necessary certifications pertaining to
the operations of camp including SD Water Operator License
The facilities department is critical in the overall ministry of Cedar Canyon Camp. In our effort to provide campers and guests an environment to meet Jesus and to rid anything that may detract from that, facilities upkeep is absolutely necessary and will continuously strive to provide clean and welcoming accommodations, meeting areas, and grounds.
The Facilities Manager will provide leadership, direction, and management of Cedar Canyon Camp’s facilities department including buildings(maintenance and housekeeping) and grounds.
The FM will ensure that CCC facilities are ready for use, clean, and free of distraction prior to and during every group use.
Every aspect of CCC facilities from cleanliness to maintenance will exude the mission and ministry of CCC focusing on creating space for people to meet God and eliminating distraction to do so.
1. Be responsible for the facilities department at CCC including housekeeping, maintenance, group set ups, grounds, etc.
2. Be responsible to supervise facilities staff and volunteer workers including training, evaluation, and scheduling.
3. Be responsible for organizing and implementing all necessary buildings and grounds maintenance and housekeeping
4. Work with the Executive Director to prepare an annual facilities budget(as a part of the operations budget) budget based on current/future facilities needs
5. Provide long range plans and innovative ideas to further the facilities department
6. Encourage the professional and spiritual growth of staff under your care.
7. Ensure that all work areas and storage areas meet with safety and cleanliness standards, including local regulations, ACA, and CCCA standards.
8. Develop and/or maintain records of maintenance completed, painting and service done on equipment and vehicles.
9. Ensure all areas of camp are cleaned regularly and landscaping is properly maintained.
10. Work with guest services to ensure that operations staff properly clean and set up for all guest group needs.
11. Be available for retreat hosting 2-3 weekends per month as needed
12. Attend regular staff meetings
13. Meet regularly with the Executive Director to provide status updates and share operations needs/ideas to update and improve camp operations
14. Seek some form of continuing education each year
15. Attend the CCCA sectional as possible based on camp needs
16. Be willing to assist in other areas as necessary
17. Other responsibilities as delegated or required by the Executive Director
Salary: Competitive Salary DOE
PTO(Paid Time Off)- From Date of Hire
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 8/22/2023 11:50:05 AM