Search Page | Back to Results
We are a Christian organization! Being a lover, follower, and servant of Jesus is the first non-negotiable job requirement for this position!
ABOUT THE POSITION: We are looking for an experienced Administrative Manager to supervise daily support operations of our ministry, and to plan the most efficient administrative procedures. You will be responsible to manage the varied office duties related to Shekinah Ranch Camp’s overall operation. This includes tasks in clerical, database management, communication/conflict resolution, financial management and record keeping, event planning, administrative assistance, office equipment, and supplies, website maintenance, and camper/staff supervision areas.
A great administration manager has excellent communication and organizational skills, and a heart for the children and families we serve.
** This is a salaried position for an 8-month full-time schedule January-August and a 4-month part-time schedule (25 hours per week) September-December.
Includes 3 weeks of paid vacation, plus an additional week when all camp staff has off in the summer, the week of July 4th.
Salary TBD (based on experience) PLUS year-round housing and utilities included on the campground (an included benefit to the position, but not a requirement if the candidate should choose to live elsewhere).
During the summer season (June and July) three meals a day Monday-Thursday will also be provided.
1. Committed Christian with a willingness to accept the values & teachings of the Bible as the infallible word of God.
2. Computer, word processing, and database management skills.
3. Training and/or experience in office management.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Interest in serving in a Christian camp/ Ministry setting.
6. Personable style and skills in relating to staff, guests, and campers.
7. Acceptance of Office Manager’s Responsibilities and Shekinah Ranch Camp Personnel Policies.
8. Training and/or experience in camp ministry (preferred)
- Reconcile & track camp expenses & income via Quickbooks
- Bank deposits (mostly done via Citizens bank mobile, minus occasional large checks)
- Respond to Camp phone calls & emails
- Oversee and track Camper registrations
- Research/brainstorming w/ Pastor Tom for the campground/camp program's future
- Postal services (i.e. USPS and UPS drop-offs, supplies, etc.)
- Organize, coordinate and prep for all Board meetings
- Process Payroll w/ Paychex
a. Recognize role and responsibilities as part of the overall mission and ministry of Shekinah Ranch Camp and the ongoing work of Jesus Christ.
b. Exhibit a spirit of cooperation, flexibility, and commitment to the team relationship with other
c. Create and foster an atmosphere of friendliness and hospitality in the main camp office to
ensure an enjoyable experience for staff, campers, and guests.
a. Perform various clerical duties including content creation, copying, proofreading, typing, and data entry related to camp operation.
b. Keep filing cabinets neat and orderly.
c. Manage, organize, and share computer files.
d. Prepare and send out thank you letters, including receipts for contributions.
e. Generate or prepare reports, using database software and tools.
f. Maintain and update camp database to ensure accuracy.
a. Serve as receptionist for the camp office.
b. Manage incoming telephone calls.
c. Collect and distribute mail.
d. Add correct postage to outgoing camp mail and send all camp mail correspondence.
e. Manage camp’s general e-mail account.
4. Financial Management and Recordkeeping
a. Verify monies collected within various camp fund accounts to balance with records.
b. Reconcile credit card gateway and database transactions (QuickBooks, PayPal, and Square)
c. Handle all Mobile and In-Person bank deposits.
d. Collect, process, and oversee payment of camp bills (for review by the Camp Director).
e. Manage accounts payable and receivable.
f. Assist in processing payroll (Paychex).
g. Maintain donor database with information related to financial contributions (QuickBooks)
h. Send and track receipts of donations to donors.
5. Serve as Camp Registrar and assist the Program Director in tasks related to camp programs.
a. Use database software (ACTIVE Network) to set-up both camp-side and online registration for programs.
b. Handle mailed-in and online registrations for camp programs.
c. Send mailed and electronic confirmations and receipts to participants.
d. Generate and prepare reports including rosters, cabin assignments, receipts, balances due, etc., using database software and tools.
e. Assist with camper registration/check-in for programs.
f. Record payment, check camper financial records, and request payments from individuals,
churches, or sponsoring groups for balances due using database software and tools.
g. Collect and maintain files by camp program for registrations, health forms, waivers, and other
paperwork submitted by participants. Confirm received forms and send reminders as needed.
h. Be available to greet, check-in and/or tour guests during office hours.
7. Office Equipment and Supplies
a. Keep office equipment and supplies clean and organized for ease of use.
b. Order and purchase office and program supplies as needed to maintain inventory.
d. Unlock safe each morning and lock safe at the close of each day.
8. In coordination with other supervisory staff, assist with adding and updating photos and information to camp’s website and Facebook page.
9. Keep the main camp office neat and welcoming.
10. Supervise and manage additional employees and volunteers.
11. Assist with Camp Store operation, as needed.
12. Standards, Regulations, and Policies
a. Abide by all state and local health department regulations.
b. Follow and enforce all camp policies and procedures.
c. Know and implement assigned responsibilities as part of the camp’s Emergency Plan, including transporting campers as needed.
13. Attend and take minutes for summer staff meetings and quarterly BOD meetings.
14. Participate in an annual/ quarterly review and evaluation with the Camp Director and Board
15. Assist in other areas of camp operation that may arise for the ministry of Shekinah Ranch Camp
Job Type: Full-time (8 months) / Part-time (4 months)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 7/21/2023 11:09:05 AM