Search Page | Back to Results
The Facilities Director is responsible for leading the department in providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by planning and coordinating the development, maintenance, and repairs of BMCR’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other accommodations in a manner that is consistent with the Philosophy and Extended Objectives of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat & Conference Center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide preventative maintenance, general maintenance, and upkeep for all BMCR: buildings, structures, accommodations and grounds. • Inspect buildings, structures, and equipment to determine functional systems, detect malfunctions, and discover needed repairs while ensuring machines and buildings are running safely and efficiently.
• Implement system for general maintenance and upkeep of BMCR buildings and grounds including but not limited to landscaping, carpentry, electrical, heating ventilation & air conditioning, plumbing, painting, flooring, automotive repair, and other projects. • Schedule contracted maintenance on grounds systems including but not limited to fuel, water, sewer, trash removal, etc. • Develop overall plan and direction with Executive Director in regards to safety, stewardship, and cost comparison on repairs versus replacement as well as overall vision of quality of work performed by maintenance team. • Order necessary equipment and parts to replace or update inoperable building materials and machinery to meet physical and recreational needs for guests. • Assign projects and schedules to maintenance team. • Supervise work as well as project management of maintenance team, and any additional workers hired for a particular job that requires additional professional help. • Evaluate individual performance of Maintenance Team Members. • Responsible for obtaining appropriate licenses, permits, approvals from local and state regulatory agencies.
• Communicate unit conditions and repair needs with other departments (office, housekeeping, etc.).
• Oversee safe storage of all equipment. • Complete other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Perform all duties in accordance with prescribed local, state and federal regulatory compliance guidelines.
• Respond to emergencies on the grounds (fire, evacuation, or injury). • Foster teamwork by resolving problems and achieving goals cooperatively and effectively.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• must have a true born again experience • a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• must have experienced or be open to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• must live a Godly lifestyle
• attend scheduled staff meetings
• a willingness to place oneself under the headship of BMCR Education • Minimum High School Diploma or its equivalent Work Experience
• Minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience • Minimum 5 years of experience in related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and the mind to remain calm in stressful situations. • Working knowledge of tools, power tools, methods, operations, machinery, and materials used in construction and property management. • Capable of observing staff and guest behavior, discern it’s appropriateness, and enforce safety, emergency, or disciplinary procedures and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Computer proficiency and ability to utilize various software packages.
• Equipped to understand, implement, and communicate safety regulations and procedures to staff and guests.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and able to safely drive cars, trucks, tractors, and other construction vehicles.
• Able to obtain any certifications that may relate to the position.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly grasping, pulling, pushing- performing tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles with the use of foot and/or hand-eye coordination- sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and carrying or otherwise manipulating large objects. Employee must be able to access all parts of buildings from roofs, attics, crawlspaces, etc. with an ability to climb/work from scaffolding, ladders and access areas while balancing, manipulating tools and objects requiring manual dexterity, moving and managing equipment. There is a lot of repetitive motion and physical effort, for example, using up to 50 pounds of force frequently, etc. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds regularly. Requirements
• Remain faithful to Personal Principles, Practices, and Policies as expressed in the BMCR Staff Manual.
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• On call nights and weekends required. • Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Time: Full-Time Year Round Salary:
Paid plus housing and utilities
Contact Information: Mike Liedig, Executive Director Phone: 570-386-2154
Submission: Cover Letter and Resume Web site: www.bmcr.org (fill out online application)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 5/13/2023 1:43:30 PM