Search Page | Back to Results
Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Supervisors
FLSA Status: Full-time; Non-exempt
The Hume Lake Bakery Lead is responsible for providing high quality baked goods and desserts to Hume Lake guests and staff. He or she is responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the bakery and must be prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff.
- Maintains perspective with how Food Service fits within the overall ministry and direction of Hume Lake Christian Camps
- Pursues community within the department that is reflective of the body of Christ.
- Maintains a friendly disposition and meets the needs of all HLCC guests and staff.
- Able to serve alongside other departments to achieve excellent guest experiences.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and a desire to share the knowledge of Jesus Christ with guests and staff.
- Working knowledge of bakery terminology and ingredients, qualities of food and supplies.
- Familiarity with equipment pertaining to the job.
- Has a teachable attitude; a willingness to learn and adapt to Hume's approach to Food Service.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility to meet the ever changing needs within the organization.
- Has, or is able to procure, Servesafe Manager Certification.
- Must be prepared to meet the spiritual needs of guests and staff.
- Looks to kitchen leadership for shift management and bakery flow.
- Provides high quality, scratch made, baked goods for guests and staff in a timely manner.
- Researches current bakery trends and makes suggestions to Chef regarding menu changes.
- Maintains a sanitary bakery and follows opening and closing procedures.
- Assists the rest of the kitchen staff by preparing, aiding and serving quality products.
- Supervise and lead a team of Summer staff during the summer.
- Supervise and lead Joshua students and weekend workers on weekends during the year.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required. Hume maintains the right to reassign or change duties as needed.
- The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to live in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to live at high altitude.
- Must be able to agree with our statement of belief and abide by our code of conduct.
- Must be able to live in available Hume Lake housing or provide private accommodations.
- Maintains a professional appearance and arrives to work in the appropriate uniform.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of the job.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/19/2023 11:11:44 AM