Search Page | Back to Results
Dining Room Associate
The food at Timber-lee is often a topic of conversation. Most people do not expect the food at camp to be THIS GOOD! Because our primary goal is to bring to our guests the most joy that we can possibly bring, we want meals to be delicious and meal time to be a time of blessing and joyful interaction. YOU will play a key part in this joy-bringing goal, as you interact personally with the campers and staff; help in food preparation and presentation; help throughout the meal with campers’ needs and requests; keep dining areas clean and attractive; and complete clean-up after the meal.
Help to create an enjoyable experience in the dining room and during meal times for campers by providing a clean, well organized and friendly atmosphere.
• Know specific group details and help assist in the organization and implementation of seating assignment, meal schedule, and meeting rooms.
• Assist with and take pride in the preparation of meals, snacks, and other food specialties coming from Food Service.
• Meet campers’ and staff needs, i.e. greeting and announcements, meal sales, and meal clean-up procedures.
• Is responsible for all duties on the "Dining Room Hosting Responsibilities" list.
• Is responsible for the inventory items needed for the guests’ needs and dining room business with the assistance of the Food Service Manager or a designee.
• Help maintain proper sanitation in the Food Service area, i.e. pots and pans, floors, storage areas and garbage and garbage pit. This includes hauling and dumping garbage cans.
• Maintain a clean-as-you-go attitude to conform to Timber-lee standards of cleanliness.
• Work in cooperation with the custodial staff to ensure the cleanliness and proper presentation of the inside and outside dining space and surrounding areas.
• Help in other areas as needed or assigned.
• Supportive of Timber-lee’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle and demonstration of character in keeping with biblical models.
• Strives to demonstrate through thought, attitude, actions and behaviors a life that reflects a personal faith in Jesus Christ and exhibits the fruits of the Spirit.
• Exhibits a sincere love for the Lord and desires to see people come to know Him personally and grow in their faith.
• In agreement of, and supports, Timber-lee's ministries, philosophy and policies.
• Demonstrates excellent work ethic and excels at providing quality customer service.
• Shows willingness to follow regulations and guidelines set down by Timber-lee and the Food Service Department.
• Understands and exhibits behaviors and skills needed to function and be accountable in a team environment.
• Can take charge of the dining room by greeting and organizing guests for meal lines and food consumption..
• Has the ability to communicate with Food Service coworkers and other staff.
• Is able to present a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to all campers and staff.
• Has the ability to carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up and down 12 stairs.
• Able to haul and dump garbage cans weighing up to 50 pounds into a bin 5 feet high.
• Follow dress policies and standards as established by the Timber-lee and the Food Service Department.
Interested candidates can visit Timber-lee's website: https://www.timber-lee.com/open-positions
To apply for this position, please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/9e481c97-1613-4bbf-b5fe-df4f36a4184d/Timber-Lee-Ministries-INC
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 9/20/2023 11:44:22 AM