Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Manager/Chef
The Summit is a magnificent 251-acre multi-purpose property, located in Whitmore, California (approximately 35 miles east of Redding). Whitmore is a small town located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. The town is surrounded by forests and farms, and it is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. This region experiences warm and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6º F. This is a majestic place to find, develop, and strengthen your life-purpose in a Christ-centered environment with like-minded people.
Our mission is to provide a transformational Christ-centered campus, where community can pursue the development of their life purpose.
Our vision is to usher in the presence of God through prayer, and to teach and model an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Summit has three pillars of its strategy.
1) The ministry belongs to God. We know He will be faithful to use it to transform hearts and minds, including our own. As we abide daily, we trust God to lead us and use us for His purpose, and to provide for the needs of the ministry.
2) The culture at The Summit is to provide a Christ-centered platform for the purpose of modeling, teaching, training, equipping, and educating in a fun and adventurous environment.
3) As members of The Summit Team, we Engage the Community with the hope that others will experience life transformations, as we have. Prayer is the foundation, and service is our gift. We serve God in gratitude, obedience, and dependence, as we teach and model a Christ-honoring relationship with God.
The Summit’s partnership with its staff is to offer an opportunity to advance, develop, and strengthen their lives for a purpose of service.
The Staff in partnership with The Summit is to:
A) Innovate and offer guest/conference events and experiences which in The Summit’s essence . . .
1) Will promote Truth and alignment with Truth through repentance, willful submission, and obedience to God.
2) Will provide multiple opportunities for an encounter with the Living God through Biblical content, reflection, relationships, recreation, and worship.
3) Will expect that guests will be changed by their experience in the presence of God and their exposure to Truth.
4) Will affirm Christian beliefs that shape lives and build towards greater levels of faith in God.
5) Offer opportunities for Churches and other Christian organizations to sponsor their own events through the use of The Summit’s facilities and services, which are consistent with #4 above.
6) Offer select “other than Christian” organizations the opportunity to sponsor events who will honor our Christian mission and be open to His presence.
B) Embrace and actively pursue the stewardship of God’s resources manifest in a sustained and orderly operation that is fruitful, reflecting God’s presence, His intent to bless His work, and the excellence of His nature, His character, and His integrity.
C) Embrace and actively pursue the care and stewardship of the buildings and grounds that make up the conference center, to reflect the beauty, order, and excellence of God’s creation through which He reveals Himself and provides refuge to all who are on their journey to the cross.
D) Build and sustain Christian community amongst staff who live and work on The Summit grounds, reflecting the character and nature of Jesus Christ in our families, our relationships, our work ethic, and the overflow of our personal lives as “salt of the earth” and “the light of the world”.
E) Consider the pursuit of good standing within the community of The Summit to be essential to our Christian testimony.
Responsible for planning meals, getting meals out on time and up to the standard that is expected, managing the cooks and food service staff for the preparation and service, as well as the clean-up from meals. This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor with the grand opening of The Summit in the Spring of 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Required to get meals out on time and at the expectation of the Executive Director’s and CEO’s quality standard.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and storeroom (work clean).
• Notify Food Service Maintenance of needed repairs or safety issues.
• Maintain an inventory of needed supplies.
• Prepare the week’s menu to make pulls and prep what needs to be done.
• Always maintains food expectations and preparation.
• Ensures that guest’s needs are met at all times.
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe, and unobstructed workplace.
• The employee must accept lodging from THE SUMMIT, as a condition of employment, the employee must carry out responsibilities of the fire evacuation plan. The employee would not be able perform this service without the lodging.
• Must take part in the fire evacuation plan for the area that they are assigned.
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word.
• Understands the mission of THE SUMMIT and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith; and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal.
• Possesses training and experience in Food Service
• Possesses an advanced understanding of the importance of food served, menu planning, team scheduling and management, presentation, cost control, inventory management, and the cultivation of a festive environment in a Christian Conference Center.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possesses interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests.
• Possesses excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
• Is teachable in managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, creative and a good communicator.
• Enjoys and relates well with others, exhibits patience and a strong Christian witness.
• Must obtain a food handler’s certificate.
• Must be able to cook a meal start to finish for at least 400 people.
• Able to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Has a servant leader’s heart.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE
• The manager may be expected to work more than 8 hours a day, depending on the needs at The Summit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required by their immediate supervisor to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 4/2/2023 12:45:31 PM