Search Page | Back to Results
The Summit is a magnificent 251-acre multi-purpose property, located in Whitmore, California (approximately 35 miles east of Redding). Whitmore is a small town located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. The town is surrounded by forests and farms, and it is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. This region experiences warm and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6º F. This is a majestic place to find, develop, and strengthen your life-purpose in a Christ-centered environment with like-minded people.
Our mission is to provide a transformational Christ-centered campus, where community can pursue the development of their life purpose.
Our vision is to usher in the presence of God through prayer, and to teach and model an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Summit has three pillars of its strategy.
1) The ministry belongs to God. We know He will be faithful to use it to transform hearts and minds, including our own. As we abide daily, we trust God to lead us and use us for His purpose, and to provide for the needs of the ministry.
2) The culture at The Summit is to provide a Christ-centered platform for the purpose of modeling, teaching,training, equipping, and educating in a fun and adventurous environment.
3) As members of The Summit Team, we Engage the Community with the hope that others will experience life transformations, as we have. Prayer is the foundation, and service is our gift. We serve God in gratitude, obedience, and dependence, as we teach and model a Christ-honoring relationship with God.
The Summit’s partnership with its staff is to offer an opportunity to advance, develop, and strengthen their lives for a purpose of service.
The Staff in partnership with The Summit is to:
A) Innovate and offer guest/conference events and experiences which in The Summit’s essence . . .
1) Will promote Truth and alignment with Truth through repentance, willful submission, and obedience to God.
2) Will provide multiple opportunities for an encounter with the Living God through Biblical content,reflection, relationships, recreation, and worship.
3) Will expect that guests will be changed by their experience in the presence of God and their exposure to Truth.
4) Will affirm Christian beliefs that shape lives and build towards greater levels of faith in God.
5) Offer opportunities for Churches and other Christian organizations to sponsor their own events through the use of The Summit’s facilities and services, which are consistent with #4 above.
6) Offer select “other than Christian” organizations the opportunity to sponsor events who will honor our Christian mission and be open to His presence.
B) Embrace and actively pursue the stewardship of God’s resources manifest in a sustained and orderly operation that is fruitful, reflecting God’s presence, His intent to bless His work, and the excellence of His nature, His character, and His integrity.
C) Embrace and actively pursue the care and stewardship of the buildings and grounds that make up the conference center, to reflect the beauty, order, and excellence of God’s creation through which He reveals
Himself and provides refuge to all who are on their journey to the cross.
D) Build and sustain Christian community amongst staff who live and work on The Summit grounds, reflecting the character and nature of Jesus Christ in our families, our relationships, our work ethic, and the overflow of our personal lives as “salt of the earth” and “the light of the world”.
E) Consider the pursuit of good standing within the community of The Summit to be essential to our Christian testimony.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Summit to build and lead our staff through its grand opening. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and the development of the strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and
community outreach. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Board Governance: Works with the CEO in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for leading The Summit in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the CEO and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support The Summit’s mission.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of The Summit, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with CEO and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
• Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that The Summit can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of The Summit’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Responsible for implementation of The Summit’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of qualified staff.
• Responsible effective administration of The Summit’s operations.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES
• Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• Planning and operation of the annual budget.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance The Summit’s Mission.
• Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
• Review and approve contracts for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
• A bachelor’s degree.
• Transparent and high integrity leadership.
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
• Experience and skill in working with the CEO and/or Board of Directors.
• High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
• Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
• A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
• Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
• Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
• Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong public speaking ability.
• Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE
• The manager may be expected to work more than 8 hours a day, depending on the needs at The Summit.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required by their immediate supervisor to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 4/2/2023 12:44:30 PM