Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Camp Counselor
Pay: $325 per week, meals, and housing provided ($350 if lifeguard certified: we provide lifeguard certification during staff training) Still hiring on guys side and activity staff.
Camp Counselors facilitate recreational, leisure, and worship activities for campers utilizing and exploring God’s glory in settings around the camp grounds. The Camp Counselor will share a close protective and nurturing relationship with the campers. They may lead activities such as arts and crafts, sports, adventure programs, music, and camping. Interactions and activities must be exhibited with the purpose of edifying God and eliciting love toward and or one another.
Apply at https://www.campistrouma.com/avaliable-jobs
Staff training is from May 15-26 and camp runs May 29- July 28
• Be a Christian and an active participating church member, and/or Christian Fellowship Group.
• Understands and practices what it means to become part of the ministry team in a residential camp and conference retreat center environment which includes self-sacrifice, accountability, mutual admonition and encouragement, and corporate praise.
• Must be 18 years old (before the first of June) or older.
• Desire to work as a Christian leader with children and youth in indoor/outdoor programs.
• Have the ability to participate fully in all activities of the camp program, as described and listed in the summer brochure.
• Be able to accept constructive criticism and from directors and coworkers.
• Be flexible in attitude and willing to work at many different tasks including kitchen work, clean up, and maintenance activities.
• Pray for both campers and other staff members.
• Be able to commit to camp policies and covenant agreement.
• Read job description, personnel policy, and other policies of the camp.
• Attend training sessions.
• Prepare spiritually with meditations, Bible studies, and church attendance. Pray for the campers and other staff members.
• Arise with campers at designated time. Make sure campers dress properly for the day’s activities and participate in quiet meditation time. Participate with and guide campers in morning, afternoon, and evening activities.
• Fellowship with campers, being sure there is at least one Counselor at each table and that meals are conducted according to policies of camp.
• Assist campers in camp chores; such as laundry and kitchen clean - up.
• Attend rest period with campers.
• Participate in leading activities for campers during small group time when assigned. If you do not have an assignment, be sure your campers know where to meet you after the small group time.
• Be responsible for your assigned campers 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, unless you are on break.
• Prepare campers for bed, lead nightly devotions, and remain in cabin with campers.
• Participate in leading special camp activities and programs for which your skills, interests, and training qualify you.
• Participate in all staff meetings.
• Continue to pray for summer campers and staff during the summer.
• Collaborate with Co-Counselor and/or CIT to develop plans for cabin activities in relation to the summer theme.
• Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
• Participate in all camp activities (ie: talent show, campfires large games worship, etc.)
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 3/24/2023 4:27:58 PM