Search Page | Back to Results
Live and work on the beach in a private marine preserve on Catalina Island. Working as a member of our facilities and waterfront team, you will support our ministry to transform lives for God’s glory through faith, fun, and fellowship. As part of our “camp family” you will live in community, steps from the ocean, and serve students, adults, and families of all ages. We are looking for individuals with strong faith, a great work ethic, and a heart for serving our guests mid-February through mid-November. Job training provided. Onsite housing.
? Perform regular cleaning of guest cabins, meeting rooms & bathroom facilities.
? Serve as a certified lifeguard at our ocean waterfront helping CBS guests.
? Provide on-going upkeep of CBS grounds including waterfront & recreation areas.
? Assist CBS guests with kayaks, snorkel shop & other recreation gear.
? Assist in the transportation of food, supplies, equipment & waste to/from CBS.
? Have a willingness to learn new skills.
? Have a “guest first” attitude and work ethic.
? Works well under the daily guidance of the Facility Coordinator.
? Operate vehicles & equipment in support of guest activities & on-going operations.
? Assist in training other staff & volunteers in proper operation of CBS assets.
? Support a variety of projects associated with waterfront, buildings & infrastructure Perform regular cleaning of guest
cabins, meeting rooms & bathroom facilities.
? Annually affirm the Campus by the Sea Statement of Faith, Mission and Purpose.
? Ability to work 40 hours per week on a varied schedule.
? Have good communication skills & a service-oriented attitude.
? Physical ability & willingness to serve as a certified lifeguard (training provided).
? Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools & light equipment.
? High School graduate, at least 18 years of age.
? Ability to stand for long periods & to lift or carry items 50 lbs. or less.
? Valid Driver's License.
? Have experience in the operation of heavy equipment & vehicles.
? Possess knowledge of plumbing, electrical & carpentry principles.
? Professional certifications including Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR & AED.
? College graduate, trade-school certificate or post-secondary coursework.
? Preferably at least 21 years of age.
CBS staff members annually affirm the Statement of Faith, Purpose and Mission statements of the organization:
Serving campers for God’s glory by nurturing followers of Christ to change their world.
Campus by the Sea exists to encourage Christian faith and discipleship by providing campers with opportunities for genuine spiritual renewal, authentic relationships, and unique island experiences.
Our Beliefs (Statement of Faith)
1. The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
3. The Bible as God’s word to all, written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
4. The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who provides all believers with new life, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in treating others as we would like to be treated.
5. The value and dignity of all people - created in God’s image, embracing diversity, living in love with Him and others.
6. The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worship and spreading God’s word through love, study, and action throughout the world.
Our Beliefs are Manifested by:
Living Christ’s mission through words and works--to make God known; to proclaim His truth and grace; to make disciples; to exhibit His character through sacrificial living; and to responsibly care for God’s creation.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 8/31/2023 6:14:56 PM