Search Page | Back to Results
Responsible for the oversight and direction of all aspects of the ministry at PCCC, under the supervision of the Board of Directors of PCCC. This oversight is to include the leadership over the Lead Director, implementing the vision and direction of PCCC as agreed upon with the Board of Directors, overseeing the creation of an annual budget and assuring that camp operations are conducted within the limitations of that budget, obtaining approval from the Board of Directors for capital improvements and asset purchases that fallout side the annual budget, meeting on a regular basis with the Board of Directors and with the Chair of the Board as requested, and all fundraising for the organization, including the creation of an endowment and board development. The Executive Director is responsible for the provision of a Christian environment that enables guest groups to carry out their own program goals, and for PCCC program camps.
• Recruit, hire, and train Lead Director
• Responsible for performance evaluation of Lead Director, and to review the evaluations completed by the Lead Director
• Be available to Lead Director to answer inquiries regarding their daily activities
• Be a lead driver of positive, collaborative, and Godly relationships between the Lead Director and the managers
• Give support and encouragement to the ongoing growth and development of staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accept lodging provided by PCCC; the performance of the Executive Director’s responsibilities requires that the Executive Director live on site
• Prayerfully directs all camping, business, and personal matters
• Conducts personal affairs and the operations of PCCC in a manner that encourages the spiritual development of staff members
• Works with the Lead Director to develop plans for the continuing development of facilities to provide a state-of-the-art conference center necessary to meet the requirements of discriminating guest groups
• Works with Lead Director in planning all marketing activities essential to adequately inform and attract potential guest groups
• Assists the Lead Director in developing camp curriculum with level-appropriate spiritual, leisure, and recreational activities
• Assist the Lead Director in developing, organizing, and implementing high-quality camps and weekend retreat programming
• Represents PCCC at public relations functions
• Actively participates in CCCA
• Responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising efforts
• Establish an endowment fund
• Meets regularly with the Board of Directors and prepares a report of activities and accomplishments
• Seeks Board approval for any change in policy matters
• Prepares a proposed annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors and is responsible for assuring that operations are conducted within the approved budgetary limits
• Develop and maintain an excellent understanding PCCC’s systems and tool
• Update the Board of Directors on all Human Resource issues
• Oversee and take steps to assure all guests and staff conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner
• Works with the Board of Directors to develop vision for the ongoing growth and development of staff and the organization and provides support and encouragement for the implementation of that vision
• Ensures a clean, safe workplace for all employees and a safe environment for guests
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal
• Possesses a deep desire to serve the Lord in a Christian ministry and agrees with the PCCC Statement of Faith
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests
• Excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor
• Strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities
• Ability to effectively manage large scale projects
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Use of QuickBooks and payroll applications preferred
• Five years’ experience as the director of another camping ministry, or equivalent preferred
• Is able to provide spiritual leadership for the staff
• Demonstrates the ability to lead the Lead Director and 4-6 managers in the fulfillment of the purpose and mission of PCCC
• Displays confidence in public speaking
• College degree is preferred
• Successful record in a financial business or comparable experience
• Demonstrates a strong heart for ministry and spiritual maturity as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Able to talk with others to convey detailed spoken information and instruction and possess the ability to receive detailed information through oral and/or written communication.
• Ability to work in an upright and/or stationary position for up to eight (8) hours per day?
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate office and mechanical equipment?
• Frequent mobility needed, able to walk several miles a day, drive multiple kinds of vehicles
• Frequent crouching, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and climbing, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck?
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.???
• Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (or otherwise moving) objects, including equipment, furniture, and laptop computer, with a maximum lift of 50 pounds?
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software??
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand, with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences?
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups?
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals; requires multiple periods of intense concentration?
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence?
• Ability to perform under stress and multi-task?
• Regular and consistent attendance?
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed in a combination of office and outdoor environments?
• Regular exposure to odors, fumes, and noise?
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets?
• Some exposure to skin and lung irritants, toxic materials, and waste?
• Personal protective equipment required, such as protective eyewear, garments, and gloves?
• Exposure to fluctuating temperatures?
• Regular exposure to altitude changes from 5000 feet to sea level.
• This position can expect to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to memorize information and comprehend and use personal computer software.
• Able to organize work priorities, resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
• Able to effectively interact by verbal feedback in a professional manner with people in person and over the telephone.
It is expected that the Executive Director will develop relationships with fellow camp directors, church leaders, local businesses, as well as attending a local home church.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 2/22/2023 10:18:02 AM