Search Page | Back to Results
Purpose: Providing for people’s physical need of food by doing the day to day food prep for campers and guests, so it is not a distraction from what God is wanting to do spiritually in the camper’s life.
Responsible To: Food Service Director
Direct Charges: Assigned Kitchen Staff
Other Key Relationships:
• Director of Camping Ministries
• Guest Services
• Resident Program Director
• Dish Room Supervisor
• Dining Room Host
1. Has made a personal decision to trust Christ alone for salvation (Acts 4:12).
2. Has a sincere love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
3. Is in agreement with and subscribes annually to Forest Springs' Statement of Faith and Philosophy of Ministry, agrees to abide by its Code of Conduct policy, as well as support its other policies and positional statements.
4. Is eager to learn, loves campers, and shows a consistent walk with God
5. Is willing to serve the needs of camp, including campers and guests, with excellence and a generous spirit, even when personally inconvenient to do so, and be willing to go the extra mile (Matt. 5:41).
6. Is flexible and able to work with campers and other staff members.
7. At least one year of food service experience
8. Servsafe certified or ability to obtain certification
9. Ability to multitask, adapt to change and work well in an environment with time constraints
10. Detail oriented with good organization skills, performing work accurately and efficiently while meeting deadlines
11. Advanced verbal and written communication skills
12. Able to work independently and on a team
13. Demonstrate effective leadership skills including delegation skills
1. Be a witness for Jesus Christ in all words and actions and share Christ's love with the public, campers and staff to reflect favorably upon the Lord and Forest Springs.
2. Be willing and able to share the beliefs of Forest Springs, as stated in its Statement of Faith, to guests as opportunities arise.
3. Be involved in discipling and mentoring other staff in the faith as opportunities arise.
4. Abide by the Forest Springs’ Code of Conduct policy because staff exemplify Christ to its campers and guests.
5. Regularly participate in camp prayer meetings, as well as engaging in prayer times with campers and guests.
6. Regularly participate in local church worship services, becoming involved as able.
7. Develop a Christ-like, servant atmosphere in the work area.
8. Aid in keeping the work area clean and orderly at all times.
9. Develop and operate from standards of performance.
10. Prepare all meals as scheduled and instructed according to pre-planned menus and established meal times
11. Create and maintain a safe kitchen environment
12. Maintain food and sanitation standards established by Taylor County Health Department
13. Complete cleaning assignments during shift
14. Manage assigned kitchen staff to include cooks, dish crew, dining room host, and volunteers
15. Create and foster an atmosphere of hospitality in the kitchen and dining room to ensure an enjoyable experience for staff, campers, and guests
16. Assist Food Service Director with the training of kitchen staff
17. Support Food Service Director with menu ideas, inventory levels, and report things in need of repair or purchase
18. Work in other departments as needed
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 2/8/2023 3:10:16 PM