Search Page | Back to Results
Assistant Camp Director
Position Description: With the assistance and direction of the Camp Director, provide oversight and direction of the Camp Kearney ministry, staff, programs, and facilities. Assist with planning and implementation of complete summer camp program. Assist with planning for regular maintenance; daily, seasonal, and periodic for all facilities, equipment, and vehicles. Provide ongoing development and implementation of a Natural Resources Stewardship program. Host for rental groups; scheduled as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications: Must be of Christian faith.
1. Assist the Camp Director in planning, developing, and operating the summer camp program ministry.
2. Assist the Camp Director in planning, developing, and operating additional camp program ministries throughout the year.
3. Assist the Camp Director in giving leadership to summer camp activities and staffing.
4. Assist the Camp Director in the recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of summer camp staff and volunteers.
5. Maintain challenge course facilitator and manager certifications.
6. Assist the Camp Director with camp’s scheduling and record keeping.
7. Conduct a weekly walk through of camp to identify any needed repairs to plumbing, electrical, windows or structures. Submit repair list to Camp Director for scheduling.
8. Meet monthly with Camp Director to participate in setting priorities and recommendations for repairs, remodeling, and replacement of facilities and equipment.
9. Purchase any needed supplies and/or equipment as authorized by the Camp Director and in compliance with budgetary considerations.
10. Assist and/or give leadership to maintenance, grounds, and operations projects as needed.
11. Develop and implement a Natural Resource Stewardship program.
a. Wildlife management.
b. Fish habitat and lakes/streams management.
c. Forestry management.
d. Trail system design and maintenance.
e. Build and network relationships with Federal, State, County, and private conservation agencies.
12. Assist in maintaining American Camping Association site approval certification.
13. Ensure readiness of all camp facilities for incoming rental group.
14. Direct the orientation of groups using the facilities and host groups as needed.
15. Recruit, coordinate and direct activities of volunteers.
16. Assist in youth department as needed.
17. Perform clerical duties as assigned.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
19. Maintain a neat and clean appearance (working circumstances the exception).
Physical and Other Requirements: This position requires frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent walking, standing, bending.
Must be able to pass the pre-employment lift test based on the job description.
Possess a valid Illinois driver’s license, clear driving record, and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Assistant Director
Updated: 1/6/2023 12:51:29 PM