Search Page | Back to Results
Victory Valley Camp is growing! We are seeking a Dining Hall Kitchen Manager and Cook to join our staff.
This is a full-time, year round position, including paid holidays, paid time off, paid sick time, health care options, and may include housing.
This position is an exciting blend of commercial cooking for large groups and relational student discipleship, with emphasis on spiritual maturity and culinary competence. We are looking for Godly, highly capable, self-motivated, passionate individuals that will enable us to follow God’s call to Ignite a Passion for Jesus by Training the Leaders of Tomorrow through Christian Camping Today.
The Kitchen Manager/Cook accomplishes this by cooking for groups, and training young leaders to serve in our commercial kitchen while providing consistently high quality meals. Additionally, the Kitchen Manager/Cook will continually focus on relational discipleship that enables youth and young adults to grow into mature disciples who are ambassadors for Christ.
- ServSafe Manager certified or able to be ServSafe Manager certified within 30 days of hire
- 2+ years of experience in a commercial cooking position
- Is a respected member of a Bible Fellowship Church (BFC), or a Bible believing church
- Follower of Christ who is in agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith
(https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/articles-of-faith/) and Biblical Principles for Living
- Shares core values of the BFC (https://www.bfc.org/who-we-are/core-values/) and Victory Valley Leadership (Humility, Compassion, Integrity)
- Spiritually mature
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Good standards of hygiene
- Organized and methodical
- Cheerful worker (as unto the Lord) with excellent communication skills
- Works well with others in a multi-staffed environment
- Willing and competent to supervise other staff members
- Willing and able to support the team through basic housekeeping tasks during the offseason
- Has experience developing menus that support healthy nutrition and food sensitivities
- Has experience cooking cafeteria quality food as well as family restaurant quality food
- Has experience ordering food on a budget in quantities sufficient for various group sizes
- Has experience preparing meals for up to 200 at a time
- Has experience maintaining a kitchen within the sanitation requirements of local and federal health departments regulations and guidelines
- Has demonstrated a passion to see children and teens reached for Christ
- Shows a teachable spirit, always looking for growth and improvement
Victory Valley Camp, as an agent of the Bible Fellowship Church, reserves the right to hire and select individuals in accordance with the Bible Fellowship Church’s Biblical Principles for Living or Faith and Order due to the requirement of performing vital religious duties such as the spiritual leading and training of others according to the mission of Victory Valley Camp.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/6/2023 9:40:25 AM