Search Page | Back to Results
Cedar Lake Ministries, an established Christian Camp and Conference Center in Northwest Indiana, is seeking to immediately fill the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer and managing director of Cedar Lake Ministries. Responsible for overseeing the administration, fundraising, effectiveness of programs, guest retreats, kids camp & conferences, cottager relations, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Applicant must be a proven Christian leader with demonstrable experience in leading a complex multi-layered organization. Must be an exceptional communicator able to inspire and lead the staff and community of volunteers towards the fulfillment of goals and mission set forth by the Board of Directors. This individual should have the desire to share the gospel in creative and effective ways. And agree and sign the ministries following statement of faith: (a) We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice. (b) We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (c) We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. (d) We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby 4 incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born in sin. (e) We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative, substitutionary and complete sacrifice and that all that believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (f) We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate. (g) We believe in the second eminent visible and personal coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to establish His world-wide Kingdom on the earth. (h) We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to the everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to the judgment and everlasting conscious punishment. (i) We believe in the great commission which our Lord has given to His Church to evangelize the world, and that this evangelization is the great mission of the church. Furthermore, we exhort the people of God everywhere to stand by these great truths, and to contend earnestly for the faith which our God has, in His Holy Word, "delivered unto the saints." which is Article IV of the By-Laws.
• Serve as chief administrative executive of the ministry.
• Assure the continued operation of the ministry programs, kid’s camp, conferences, and community within the broad objectives established by and approved by the Board of Directors.
• Account to the Board of Directors through written reports and verbal communications of performance and progress in significant areas of operation.
• Promote and maintain good relations with the ministry constituency, cottagers, and the broader community including participating in the Cedar Lake Chamber, meeting and developing relationships with businesses in the surround community.
• The Executive Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, serves as the primary voice for broad policies, objectives, and goals of the ministry. A qualified individual will lead with vision, evaluating current objectives and leading the organization in altering policies, metrics, and goals to achieve them. Planning responsibilities also include managing financial planning, budgets, and forecasts.
• The Executive Director is the leader of the staff. This person is responsible for hiring the best available personnel, training and developing staff members, and overseeing a fair and productive workplace.
• The Executive Director will determine and assure effective controls over budgets, forecasts, proposals, cash management, inventories, purchasing, capital expenditures and maintenance. The financial functions of accounting, insurance, financial reports, relations with financial institutions, taxation, and office services will be the responsibility of the ED.
• The Executive Director will be responsible for fundraising for the ministry, setting fundraising goals, executing against them and being responsible to the board for the goals.
• The Executive Director will coordinate the various phases of the organization’s operations in day-to-day activity to assure smooth functioning toward common goals. Hiring needed staff, creating opportunities for leadership and advancement for them.
Actionable Data Collection and Interpretation:
• The Executive Director will be responsible for gathering, evaluating, and interpreting data relevant to the improvement of the ministry’s performance and assurance of the organization’s future relevance and competitiveness.
Qualifications and Competencies
• An ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience leading a ministry with a multi-tiered staff of at least ten individuals. Candidates should have experience with budget responsibilities, leading and developing managers, and managing donor relationships. The candidate will be a proven Christian leader who has several years of successful philanthropic experience, raising money for projects and operations including running capital campaigns. He/she will be an exceptional communicator, particularly working alongside the staff, the board, and volunteers. Strong organizational and change management skills are required to lead in the fulfillment of the mission and strategic plan of the ministry.
• Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, develop workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities, and provide recognition for results.
• Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicates, including public speaking; listens and seeks clarification; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively.
• Networking Skills: Proven ability to develop relationships with donors, the business community, and knowledge of working with Chambers and City Councils.
• Analytical Skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; solicits feedback and uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Initiative: Measures self against a standard of excellence. Undertakes self-development activities and learn new skills, seeks increased responsibilities, and asks for and offers help when needed.
• Integrity: Works well in a rapidly changing environment; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Understands business implications of decisions, aligns work with strategic goals, completes administrative tasks and develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Leads challenging demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
• Fundraising: Able to talk with donors and secure donations not only for projects but for sustaining the ministries operation.
Our mission statement is “to provide a life changing environment for evangelism and spiritual growth.”
Cedar Lake Ministries is celebrating almost 110 years of continuous ministry. Located just 35 miles from Chicago, the organization enjoys longstanding relationships with many churches and non-profit organizations within the Chicagoland area. The two major ministries of the organization are private retreats and programmed camps & retreats. Private retreats consist of churches, non-profits, parachurch ministries, schools, and other organizations utilizing the grounds, lodging, and amenities of CLM for their own retreats. Programmed camps & retreats include both day camps and overnight camps that are facilitated by the ministry’s staff and volunteers, including women’s retreats, youth camps, and other activities.
In addition to these two ministries, CLM has a Christian residential community of 70 private homes on the grounds. The residents, or fondly called “cottagers”, have a history of long involvement with the ministry to various levels of volunteerism and financial support. The Executive Director will maintain a positive relationship with the cottager community through regular communication, ministry, and service.
A detailed history of the ministry can be found at www.cedarlakeministries.org
Applicants may email a resume and cover letter to Sandi Perzee, Board President at: email@example.com
Time: Full-Time Starting at $70,000
Category: Executive Director
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 2/23/2023 1:10:39 PM