Search Page | Back to Results
Retreat Group Coordinator
Title: Retreat Group Coordinator
Purpose: To graciously serve guests that come to Forest Springs through camp programs and coordinate programs for our guest groups. (1 Peter 4:9)
Status: A missionary staff position (Start as a paid contract position)
Responsible To: Program Director
Direct Charges: None
Other Key Relationships:
• Accommodations staff
• Computer Systems Manager
• Food Service staff
• Program staff
1. Has made a personal decision to trust Christ alone for salvation (Acts 4:12).
2. Has a sincere love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to see campers come
to know and grow in Him.
3. Is in agreement with and subscribes annually to Forest Springs' Statement of
Faith and Philosophy of Ministry, agrees to abide by its Code of Conduct policy,
as well as support its other policies and positional statements.
4. Is eager to learn, loves campers, and shows a consistent walk with God
1. Is willing to serve the needs of camp, including campers and guests, with
excellence and a generous spirit, even when personally inconvenient to do so,
and be willing to go the extra mile (Matt. 5:41).
2. Is flexible and able to work with campers and other staff members.
1. Is comfortable talking with people on the phone and face to face and at times in
front of groups of people.
2. Possesses good relational skills.
3. Has good organizational skills and attention to details
1. Be a witness for Jesus Christ in all words and actions and share Christ's love
with the public, campers and staff to reflect favorably upon the Lord and Forest
2. Be willing and able to share the beliefs of Forest Springs, as stated in its
Statement of Faith, to guests as opportunities arise.
3. Be involved in discipling and mentoring other staff in the faith as opportunities
4. Abide by the Forest Springs’ Code of Conduct policy because staff exemplify
Christ to its campers and guests.
5. Regularly participate in camp prayer meetings, as well as engaging in prayer
times with campers and guests.
6. Regularly participate in local church worship services, becoming involved as
7. Develop a Christ-like, servant atmosphere in the work area.
8. Aid in keeping the work area clean and orderly at all times.
9. Function as an instructor in the LTD program as requested and the schedule
10. Develop and operate from standards of performance.
11. Improve skills as needed and be familiar with office equipment and software
12. Coordinate the year-round booking and management of all groups and guests
at camp, including rental groups, work teams, and adult volunteers, including
contracts and collection of fees.
13. Communicate regularly with all guests (both individuals and groups) while they
are in camp, ensuring that they are adequately cared for.
14. Assist the Director of Youth & Family Ministries in making sure that all camp
areas are adequately staffed when guests are in camp, including the following:
a. Working in program areas as needed.
b. Hosting guest groups as scheduled.
c. Walking through areas as they are open to ensure proper supervision and
15. Ensure that the camp facilities are ready for each group coming into camp.
16. Maintain communication between guests and camp staff/departments
17. Develop an ongoing system of evaluation and record keeping for all guest
18. Ensure that the camp’s rental policies are effectively accomplishing the camp’s
19. Be available to help in other areas of camp as needed and the schedule
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 1/3/2023 10:42:32 AM