Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Business and Finance
Come live and work in beautiful Southwest Michigan!
Director of Business and Finance
(Senior Leadership Team)
• A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Miracle Camp and Retreat Center’s (“MCRC”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
• The Business & Finance Director is responsible for overseeing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, financial statements, budget, and audit to provide an accurate record of all transactions and for the completion of monthly and year-end financial reporting.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
• Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company.
• Oversee the operations and development of the company’s accounting department including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of periodic and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
• Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances.
• Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
• Work with Executive Director in creating strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
• Monitor and maintain adequate cash balances in various bank accounts, review reconciliation of bank statements, and monitor restricted funds.
• Manage investments, endowments, annuities, trusts, and 401(k) retirement program with Executive Director.
• Process insurance claims (e.g., property and liability).
• Review monthly financial statements for staff and board.
• Along with the Executive Director, develop annual budget and any periodic revisions that meet the requirements of department managers.
• Prepare final account reconciliations and audit schedules, acting as primary liaison with auditors (CPA firm).
• Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
• Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
• Analyze and report camper days, rates and other statistical data.
• Maintain Rate Sheets for all events, facilitating quarterly meetings for approving rates.
• Maintain Accounting Software program (Quick Books), creating and maintaining account structure, system imports, management reports and dashboards.
• Assist the Executive Director as requested in preparing for board of directors and the executive committee meetings, and attend such meetings as requested for purposes of conveying financial reports and other information.
• Assist the Executive Director as requested in preparing for board of directors, executive committee meetings, board treasurer, and attend such meetings as requested for purposes of conveying financial reports and other information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervise and train Accounting Staff, including:
b. Interface with Registrar / Guest services admin.
• College degree in accounting, business or equivalent.
• Firm knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• CPA or Masters degree a plus
• Minimum of five years accounting experience.
• Minimum of two years supervisor experience.
• Experience with integrated accounting software systems.
• Experience in a non-profit organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages
• Ability to work with current Excel spreadsheets and/or create new spreadsheets based on needs.
• Knowledge of Accounting software systems, including database structure, chart of accounts, etc...
• The physical environment requires the employee to work inside, sitting at a desk for long periods of time. In addition, there may be occasional standing, squatting, stooping, and twisting. Possible occasional ability to lift/carry up to 20 lb boxes for short distances.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in regards to all areas encountered in the job.
• Adherence to the basic principles as expressed in MCRC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Commitment statements
• Adherence to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Satisfactory completion of background investigation.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 9/21/2022 8:20:53 AM