Search Page | Back to Results
Forest Glen Camp & Retreat Center is looking for an experienced Executive Director to lead the ministry into a new future by overseeing all aspects of the ongoing operations at their Huntsville, Texas location. Forest Glen has been a place where people encounter God for over 50 years. They are well established and a healthy financially stable organization and a strong policy governance board. Forest Glen needs a new leader with the energy and passion to take the organization to the next level due to the retirement of the existing Executive Director. The position is a full-time salaried position that includes housing (if desired), health insurance, 403(b), and after 3 years, SEP.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
• Evangelical Christian who meets the requirements for Eldership in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
• Exhibits servant leadership towards campers/clients and staff.
• Is a proven Disciple-maker.
• Has a heart for Christian camping. Some program development experience is desired.
• Has formal Biblical training with experience writing and speaking publicly.
• Be a spiritual leader for the ministry and the staff.
• Exhibits gifts of casting vision, decisive decision making, and relationship building.
• Has proven diligence through difficult life situations. Been through the fires of life.
• Has the ability to manage a $3 million budget with fundraising experience.
• Exhibits a teachable spirit and desire to continually learn and grow.
• Is the preferred age of 35 – 50.
The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors via the Board President. The Executive Director will be responsible to execute the established strategic plan which calls for expanded program offerings and growth in camper days.
Please email your resume and letter of introduction to:
Ray Schnickels, Recruiting Agent
An application and process details will be sent to all qualified applicants.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 8/15/2022 12:22:42 PM