Search Page | Back to Results
• Department: Food Service
• Reports to: Food Service Manager
• Category: Salaried, exempt
• Description current as of: October 2021
Essential Role: Responsible for food items prepared in the kitchen, assuring meals are of excellent quality and presentation, ample quantity, served hot and on time. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary work area.
• Prepare food for events as directed by the food services manager and/or executive chef in accordance with established menus.
• Effectively utilize food resources to avoid waste.
• Inform, instruct, and monitor other staff assigned to the kitchen.
• Coordinate with dining room staff and other departments to ensure prompt and cheerful service to the guests.
• Participate in regular food service department and staff meetings and prayer times.
• Select and utilize appropriate equipment for food handling, main¬taining proper temperatures, and otherwise producing food in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws as they apply to food service.
• Support organizational safety program by monitoring employees working in safety procedures.
• Maintain clean and orderly work and food storage areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Christian in agreement with CBCC’s statement of faith, and with a consistent Christian testimony and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Current Oregon food handler certification.
• A minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position preferred.
• An eye for plate presentation.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is ideal, but not required.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 6/24/2022 2:36:59 PM