Search Page | Back to Results
Our intention each summer is that the life of every person who comes to camp is impacted for Christ, including those who are on staff. As a summer staff member at Portage Lake Bible Camp, you will be stepping into an instrumental role of ministry and leadership. This is an opportunity to live in Christian community, lead and disciple campers, serve our guests, and be mentored in your walk with Christ. Our desire is to equip you well for your role this summer and give you skills and experience that you will use well beyond just this summer. Being on summer staff, you’ll get to experience:
- SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL GROWTH: camp isn’t just for the kids! We desire growth and connection with Jesus for our staff as well.
- INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY AND DISCIPLESHIP: our hope is that each staff member steps into the temporary community of summer staff and leans into the support and accountability of peers.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: working at camp is not only real-life job experience but we recognize being on summer staff as an opportunity to develop leaders in all positions. Each staff will have the opportunity to be coached and mentored by their supervisor throughout the summer.
- MINISTRY EXPERIENCE: whether that be leading a Bible Study, washing dishes alongside a high school camper, organizing a group game, or having a one-on-one conversation with a camper about Jesus, everything we do is an opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus!
- UNPLUGGED SETTING IN CREATION: you’ll spend every day in the outdoors without the normal life distractions allowing you to connect with God in new ways.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Has a personal relationship with the Lord and basic Biblical understanding.
- Desire to pursue personal growth.
- Is a positive Christian role model with a servant attitude.
- Willingness to live in an intentional Christian community.
- Be a team player and have the ability to serve outside of job description when needed.
- Commitment to live and act in accordance with Portage Lake Bible Camp and the Evangelical Covenant Church beliefs and values while employed at PLCBC.
- Eagerness to live in a rustic, unplugged setting.
- Experience working with children in a ministry setting is preferred.
- *Other qualifications may be required for specific positions.
We have several types of positions available in all areas of camp, including:
- Counselors and Activity leaders
- Maintenance and kitchen staff
- Specialty positions, such as: Arts/Crafts, Media, Worship, Adventure trip leaders, and more
- Various leadership positions
- *Summer Internships may be available as well
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 1/17/2024 3:06:47 PM