Search Page | Back to Results
Provide Christ-honoring assistance in the recruiting, training, and supervision ok Kitchen volunteers as well as performing Head Cook responsibilities and Kitchen management while serving groups and Staff.
This position reports directly to the Kitchen Manager.
We consider Full-time staff as missionary families serving in the ministry, not a 9 to 5 job for an employee. Therefore, family involvement, daily schedule, yearly schedule, days off, benefits and perks are seen thought the lense of missionary mindset.
In order to keep camper fees low (2 Cor 11:9), all Full-time staff are expected to raise support for their ministries. Salary level will not depend on the amount of support coming in. However, a minimum of 75% of yearly income must be secured prior to starting to serve at camp.
• Coordinate and manage volunteer kitchen staff
• Responsible to recruit volunteer staff to meet the needs of the kitchen
• Responsible to manage staff meals year-round
• Cook and clean as needed
• Exemplify an attitude of Christ-like servanthood which will encourage servant leadership in others
• Work with a variety of ages as we welcome families to come to serve together.
• Seek to provide consistent customer service while accommodating special dietary needs or allergies
• Follow foodservice handbook
• Oversee all phases of food preparation and service
• Maintain clean kitchen facilities (Kitchen, freezers and refrigerators) that are up to Wisconsin Food Code
• Provide training and education to volunteers assisting in the kitchen
• Attend educational food shows and implement learning into camp when appropriate
• Work with Foodservice Manager to develop quality, cost-efficient menu options
o Have a solid spiritual walk with Jesus Christ.
o Have a servant leadership mentality
o Exhibit a Christ-like attitude
o Called by the Lord to serve at Living Waters Bible Camp.
o View this position as a servant ministry.
o Actively involved in a local assembly or church.
o Agreement with the Doctrinal Belief Statement and Code of Conduct of Camp.
• Technical Skills:
o Obtain and maintain Certified Food Protection Manager certification within 90 days of start.
o Strong understanding and interest in foodservice
o Ability to work in a safe manner while working with kitchen equipment
o Adequate computer skills to perform responsibilities (email, documents, worksheet, presentations, online orders, etc.).
• Physical skills:
o Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Team skills:
o Team player.
o Must be able to submit to authority.
o Must be willing to accept work direction.
o Strong conflict resolution skills.
o Ability to work with a variety of personalities of campers, staff, and supporters.
o Ability to work with volunteers and other staff members as needed.
o Able to work long hours and have flexibility to fill voids when needed.
o Available to work weekends.
• Personal skills:
o High organizational skills.
o Willingness and desire to be accountable.
o Able to complete projects and tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
o Able to work independently and follow through with tasks, commitments, and responsibilities.
• Leadership skills:
o Able to manage, train, and supervise volunteers of all ages.
o Willingness to recruit volunteers.
• Rapport with staff and volunteers.
• Promote and uphold the vision and mission of Living Waters to guests.
• Relation to supervisor and co-workers.
• Acts in the best interest of the overall ministry of Living Waters Bible Camp.
• Shows by example a solid spiritual walk with Jesus Christ.
• Dedicated to the overall objectives of the camp and able to communicate these objectives to others.
• Maintains a positive attitude toward the position, other staff, and guests to God's glory.
To apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions contact Ivan Munguia, the Executive Director, at 608.632.0018. Learn about Living Waters Bible Camp visiting www.lwbc.org
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid - Must Raise Partial Support
Category: Food Services
Updated: 12/6/2022 3:13:10 PM