Search Page | Back to Results
HOUSEKEEPING TEAM MEMBER
Housekeeping Team Members are responsible for providing an environment where guests may come to hear the Word of God proclaimed by creating a safe, clean, and comfortable overnight stay in a manner that is consistent with the Philosophy and Extended Objectives of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat & Conference Center.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that guest rooms are clean, well maintained, and attractively presented.
• Maintain BMCR’s high standards for cleanliness of units, meeting spaces, and all other accommodations.
• Follow cleaning procedures set by Housekeeping Director.
• Keep inventory of linens, cleaning supplies, and equipment organized.
• Communicate unit status and repair needs with other staff and departments (office, maintenance, etc.).
• Keep inventory of kitchen supplies and housekeeping supplies for units organized.
• Assist in the completion of preventative maintenance projects (i.e. deep cleaning).
• Complete these and other duties as assigned by Housekeeping Director.
• Achieve goals cooperatively and effectively with year-round and seasonal teams ranging from 8 to 25 employees.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• must have a true born again experience • a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• must have experienced or be open to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• must live a Godly lifestyle
• attend scheduled staff meetings
• a willingness to place oneself under the headship of BMCR
• Entry Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision. • Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Capable of observing staff and guest behavior, discern it’s appropriateness, and either enforce safety and emergency procedures, or report behavior to management to apply appropriate disciplinary procedures.
• Written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and mind to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Equipped to learn safe uses/handling of chemical cleaning agents and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly moving, sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, lifting furniture, climbing stairs, and balancing. There is a lot of repetitive motion. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Remain faithful to Personal Principles, Practices, and Policies as expressed in the BMCR Staff Manual.
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• May require working evenings, weekends, and holidays for special events and/or high-volume turnovers.
• Some on call nights and weekends may be required. • Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Guest Services
Mike Liedig - Executive Director
Phone: 570-386-2154 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: https://www.bmcr.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/application-for-employment-or-volunteer-8-2-2019.pdf (fill out online application)
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Updated: 4/6/2023 10:16:20 AM