Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: Experienced and ministry-minded individual who will plan, organize, lead, and manage the Cooperstown Bible Camp food service program. The individual hired will handle food planning and preparation for our summer camping season, CBC retreats, and guest groups scheduled throughout the year. The Food Service Director will manage the daily operations of the food services of the camp, menu planning, food ordering, preparing, serving, and keeping a clean kitchen and dining room environment. This individual is accountable to the Executive Director.
FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS
1. Plan and prepare adequately nutritious meals.
2. Training and mentoring of summer kitchen staff and volunteers.
3. Supervise campers, counselors, kitchen staff in serving and clean up after meals.
4. Maintain inventory of food, equipment, and supplies.
5. Order food and kitchen supplies consistent with menus and enrollment counts.
6. Keep orderly records of expenditures for food, supplies, and equipment.
7. Prepare menus and orders a week in advance before guest or camper arrival.
8. Inspect equipment and ensure equipment is repaired as necessary.
9. Promote practices that seek to reduce waste.
1. Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of camp meals.
2. Develop meals that are unique and memorable to CBC.
3. Plan any necessary menu adaptations for all allergy and special diet campers and staff.
4. Proper storage, dating, labeling, and usage of food.
5. Make necessary adjustments based upon evaluations or recommendations.
1. Maintain high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety.
2. Be responsible for the cleanliness and proper storage of all equipment and the correct handling, serving, and storage of all foods.
3. Being a detail-oriented person regarding to cleanliness of the dining facility.
4. Clean and maintain all food-service areas including kitchen, dish pit, dining tables, serving tables, serving areas, all equipment, dry storage, walk in/reach in refrigerators, and freezers.
1. Meet regularly with staff to enhance clear and effective communication.
2. Coordinate sufficient meal packages for guest groups, CBC retreats, and summer camps as needed.
3. Provide an evaluation of the summer food service operation and recommendations for improvement.
4. Attend weekly staff meetings and bible studies.
5. Engage with our campers and guests to fulfill our mission of “Making Jesus Known.”
6. Support and participate in staff spiritual life activities.
7. Attend CCCA meetings/conferences.
8. All other duties as assigned.
1. Is a believer and has an active faith in Jesus Christ and desires to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
2. A Christian of established character, sound in faith and doctrine, who meets the character traits of Scripture such as: 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. High school diploma or GED. College/Culinary school preferred and at least 1 year of Food Service experience.
4. Is flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat ministries.
5. Is physically able to handle the demands and rigors of a schedule and responsibilities that can result in long and demanding days.
6. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, thorough, and timely fashion with all staff and volunteers.
7. Ability to prepare and serve a diverse range of foods proficiently for groups ranging between 20 and 250.
8. Working knowledge of the rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation.
9. Ability to regularly lift 30 pounds and spend long hours standing. Ability to squat, kneel, bend, and climb.
10. One who loves to work with and serve people of all ages and who has proven leadership and administrative skills.
11. Willingness to learn and is teachable, conforming to the CBC traditions.
12. Agrees with the philosophy, policies, vision, and goals of CBC.
13. Concur with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/20/2022 11:58:24 AM