Search Page | Back to Results
Program and Guest Services Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR AND GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
The primary purpose of the Program Director (PD) is to provide leadership, direction, and management of camp’s programs and retreats. The PD is responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating camp programs and guest usage. This includes the summer camps and year-round retreats of CBC. The PD will work with the management team in the overall management and leadership of CBC. All efforts must be conducted with a servant attitude that seeks to fulfill CBC’s mission to Make Jesus Known.
CHARACTERISTICS: Desired characteristics include being creative, flexible, servant-hearted and a team-player. They must have a desire to work with and lead college-aged staff, High School staff, and volunteers, as well as being able to interact with guests of all ages. They need to be able to lead small and large groups of people. Must be willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities when required.
1. Provide a program promoting Jesus Christ utilizing the facilities and natural resources of the camp.
2. Seek to implement the vision, mission and purpose of Cooperstown Bible Camp.
3. Be a spiritual leader and example for all staff.
4. Oversee and develop the guest groups ministry.
5. Seek to disciple and train staff members.
6. Provide direction for all camp programs, including the year-round programs, summer staff recruitment, summer camp, adventure programs, family camps and retreats.
7. Create marketing and promotional logos and flyers.
8. Involve the Executive Director in development of staff training.
9. Support the Executive Director tactically and be his substitute in his absence.
10. Assist in the various needs and responsibilities of running a camp.
1. Is a believer and has an active faith in Jesus Christ and desires to see campers come to know and grow in Him.
2. A Christian of established character, sound in faith and doctrine, who meets the character traits of Scripture such as: 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9
3. Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of Christian camping experience, or the equivalent.
4. Possess proven public relations and fundraising skills.
5. Is flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat ministries.
6. Is physically able to handle the demands and rigors of a schedule and responsibilities that can result in long and demanding days.
7. One who loves to work with and serve people of all ages and who has proven leadership and administrative skills.
8. Willingness to learn and is teachable, conforming to the CBC traditions.
9. Concur with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 1/20/2022 10:27:57 AM