Search Page | Back to Results
Program Director - Summer
This is a summer position that runs June 6 - August 6, 2022.
The program director oversees one of our 3 programs - between 8 and 45 people. You will lead a 4 person leadership team to run a summer program of 165 kids a week. Full job description below
The Program Director is responsible for directing and supervising camp programs and providing direction and leadership for the summer staff. The Program Director should focus on three main elements – Fun, Safety, and God. The Program Director is tasked with implementing the mission and vision of camp.
Responsible for submitting essential records (such as NOC’s, staff discipline notices, invoices, statistics and seeker forms, etc.) to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Provide general leadership, guidance and supervision of assigned staff. (This mainly relates to Program Team, Lifeguards, Secretary/Crafts, and Cabin Leaders positions.)
• Assist in the responsibility for the spiritual growth of the camp staff and campers.
• Plan and implement camp programs with the assistance of the Program Team and following the direction
of camp leadership.
• Schedule daily and weekly duties for Program Team and Cabin Leaders.
• Schedule and attend daily staff meetings and attend weekly director meetings.
• Be available for camper and staff consultation.
• Work with the Program Manager and Timothy Leaders for staff devotional meetings and daily chapels.
• Deal with discipline problems of campers and staff with direction from the Camp Director, Program
Manager and/or DYS as required.
• Assist in the all-camp first day registration process lead/organize the last day procedures.
• Organize the clean-up of camp after each session and at the conclusion of the summer.
• Maintain a high standard of personal Christian living as a role model for campers and staff.
• Attend and actively participate in Staff Orientation and staff meetings.
• Oversee and maintain safety and health standards within the program.
• Complete a weekly brief that should be complied at the end of the summer.
• Support and enforce camp policies and practices.
• Show flexibility in programming that accommodates different camp populations.
• Communicate with parents and Corps in event of camper issues and concerns.
• Work the occasional Monday-Saturday week to accommodate a longer work week.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Assistant Director
Updated: 11/18/2021 7:04:22 PM