Search Page | Back to Results
Lifeguard - summer
This is a summer position that runs June 13 - August 6, 2022.
Be a lifeguard at camp - the coolest job there is! Full Job description below.
Assist in supervising a safe and fun swimming pool program.
• Assist in evaluating swimming abilities of campers and staff.
• Maintain the physical facilities and equipment in the pool and locker rooms.
• Monitor proper use of pool and lifesaving equipment.
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, and store equipment for safety.
• Check equipment, and report unsafe items to the Program Director.
• Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Survey pool area and surrounding area daily, and keep the area free of hazards and debris.
• Participate with the program team as requested to plan, direct, and supervise evening programs, special
events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
• Attend and actively participate in Staff Orientation
• Maintain a standard of personal living and cleanliness as a role model to the campers and staff.
• Participate in all chapels, flag ceremonies, meals and meetings
• Assist in providing general guidance to the five counselors assigned to waterfront duties.
• Maintain a clean and safe poolside environment at all times, making sure that the pool is vacated and
locked when not in use
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at chapels
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during Sunday Services
• Assist cabin leaders in the supervision of campers and participate/lead nightly cabin devotions.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during campfires
• When time permits, away from main responsibilities, be involved with cabin buddy assignment to assist
with camper activities.
• Work the occasional Monday-Saturday week to accommodate a longer work week.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 6:57:35 PM