Search Page | Back to Results
Cabin Leader - Summer
This is a summer position that runs June 13 - August 6, 2022.
Make a eternal impact in the lives of campers! and have a great time while doing it! Cabin leaders have the best job at camp - working with the campers all day!
Must be 18 or graduated from high school.
Full Job Description below:
Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their cabin, within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
• Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, and involvement in the camp program.
• Assure your campers are properly supervised at all times.
• Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
• Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health
• Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by health care staff.
• Be alert to campers and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss
with camp health staff when appropriate.
• Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure proper and safe utilization and maintenance. Report
repairs needed promptly to program director.
• Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
• Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
• Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including
sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
• Contribute to verbal and written evaluations and communication as requested.
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
• Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special
events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
• Stimulate enthusiasm in your campers during inspections, contests, and other camp activities.
• Set an example in being prompt to cabin activities and use of proper manners, language, etc.
• Properly maintain the cabin you are assigned to.
• Prepare and present daily cabin devotions. Your goal should be to be a good Christian role model
during the summer and share your Christian faith to campers with an open mind that some may come
from different religious backgrounds and might have different beliefs.
• Develop and implement exciting and meaningful cabin activities and campfire skits.
• Observe daily reveille and curfew hours.
• Complete weekly statistic and evaluation forms.
• Work the occasional Monday-Saturday week to accommodate a longer work week.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 6:51:30 PM