Search Page | Back to Results
The Master Program provides a FREE Master’s degree while also serving full time as an instructor for the Sky Ranch School Programs department. The program is built on a partnership between Sky Ranch and Dallas Baptist University where students will pursue a graduate ministry degree through DBU’s online program while serving full time at Sky Ranch.
This program is the first of its kind, as it fully integrates the instructional classroom content with daily work experiences of the student. Graduates leave without incurring more school debt, and focus on developing the student’s “life ethic” to support the academic program and provide life skills training that will help them balance family and ministry upon graduation. The program is designed to prepare graduates to positively impact ministries, children, family-based organizations, and the overall workplace
Outside of earning a Master’s degree, it is a salaried position with Sky Ranch’s standard health benefits as well as paid time off (PTO). Gender-specific housing within at least five miles of camp and food through our dining services are also included.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 . Non-Summer Months
-Teach Outdoor Education classes for students grades 4-6 weekly
-Assist in special project needs including facilities, maintenance, grounds, marketing needs, etc.
- Assist with meeting needs of retreat groups by setting up meeting rooms, facilitating activities, and assisting guests with arrival to departure.
2. Summer Months:
- Continue to assist the School Programs department in classroom shut down, revitalizing curriculum, and maintaining classroom materials
- Potential opportunity to Serve in a Summer Camp role at one of Sky Ranch’s summer camps
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
2. Undergraduate degree required. One year removed from college strongly encourage. In-depth understanding of the field of camping and/or Christian ministry preferred generally acquired through a minimum of one year or summer of related
3. Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
4. Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
5. Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
9. Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and parents), clergy and staff of various Christian churches and organizations of all sizes, cultural identities and worship styles, co-workers, peers, and board members..
10. Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Ability to speak clearly and make oneself understood in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through email. Excellent listening skills.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
12. Professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
1. Works outdoors exposed to the seasonal weather elements of specific camp location most of the time.
2. Physical effort required on a routine basis; ability to use up to 50 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally for moving, lifting, and carrying objects.
3. Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination, including:
4. Work requires a lot of physical agility for doing majority of assigned work, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; crawling under desks; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
5. Must reside in on-camp housing during the fellowship program.
For more information and to apply, go to www.applyatsky.com
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 1/20/2023 11:05:20 AM