Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Director
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR
The Food Service Director is responsible for directing the department in providing an environment where guests that come to hear the Word of God are blessed by preparing delicious meals while maintaining cleanliness, service, and product quality standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for menu planning, budget adherence, kitchen management and cooking.
• Responsible for hiring and training of all kitchen staff. • Set procedures in place for preparation, cooking and storage of meals for up to 400 guests, which is to be followed by kitchen staff according to HACCP guidelines. • Schedule shifts for kitchen staff based on amount of guests being served. • Plan, assign, and direct work to kitchen staff. • Establish standards for cleanliness and organization of cooking stations, dining area and pantry.
• Develop menu with Kitchen Manager/Head Chef. • Review, evaluate, and update food preparation procedures with Kitchen Manager/Head chef.
• Seek best options for deals as well as new food vendors, while maintaining relationships with current vendors, to ensure food cost and quality meet standards set by Executive Director. • Place, receive, and stock food orders in a timely and cost effective manner. • Oversee safe storage of inventory of food, cleaning supplies, and kitchen equipment.
• Communicate meal changes to other departments clearly (office, maintenance, housekeeping, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
• Supervise the year-round and seasonal teams. • Foster teamwork with these teams by resolving problems and achieve goals cooperatively and effectively.
• Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the guests when on the grounds.
• a love for the Lord Jesus Christ
• a desire to see people come to the knowledge of the salvation available through Jesus Christ
• be in agreement with BMCR Doctrinal Statement, Personal Principles and Practices, Policies, and Procedures
• a servant’s attitude that places others ahead of self
• Minimum High School Diploma or its equivalent • Culinary school experience preferred
• Minimum 5 years food service experience • Managerial experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess an ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Fit to serve in a fast paced environment and multitask. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills through any and all means of communication.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, high degree of emotional intelligence, and mind to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Capable of observing staff and guest behavior, discern it’s appropriateness, and enforce safety, emergency, or disciplinary procedures and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Computer proficiency and ability to utilize various software packages. • Equipped to learn safe uses/handling of chemicals and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Able to obtain all certifications that may relate to the position. • Servsafe qualification preferred.
The physical environment requires the employee holding this position to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions on uneven and hilly terrain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be constantly standing, sitting, performing tasks requiring hand-eye coordination, grasping, pulling, pushing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, bending, and carrying or otherwise manipulating large objects. Employee must be able to work with all types of foods by cutting, stirring, chopping, kneading, mashing, etc. with an ability to manipulate utensils and objects requiring manual dexterity, moving and managing kitchen equipment. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Adhere to company dress code and professional standards for personal grooming and appearance.
• Requires working evenings, weekends, and holidays for special events and/or high-volume turnovers.
• Flexibility for sudden shift changes. • Satisfactory completion of background investigation. • Verify employment eligibility through completion of USCIS Form I-9.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Salary: Paid plus housing and benefits
Category: Food Service
Mike Liedig - Executive Director
Phone: 570-386-2154 Email: email@example.com
Web site: https://www.bmcr.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/application-for-employment-or-volunteer-8-2-2019.pdf (fill out online application)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 8/23/2023 1:45:14 PM