Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Programs
Do you dream of leading a Catholic summer camp? Do you have camp experience that God is encouraging you to put to use? Do you love the mountains and wish to draw nearer to Christ in creation? Is your heart full of joy and ready to serve, leading both college summer staff and campers closer to Christ and his Church? Do you long to live in a Catholic community with daily Mass and like-minded brothers and sisters? Are you up for a challenge, working in a new and exciting start-up Catholic mountain apostolate? If your heart is crying out "YES!", then please apply for this position at Annunciation Heights.
Summer is just around the corner, and we are looking for an experienced, faithful, organized individual to fill this position immediately. This position reports directly to the Assistant Camp Director but works with the entire staff to create and offer summer camp at Annunciation Heights. Primary responsibilities include: working with the leadership team to cast and execute overall vision of the summer camp ministry; hiring, training and leading the summer staff team; implementing our summer camp plan and programing, while fostering a culture of excellence in servant leadership and customer-service; and building long-term relationships with parishes, youth ministers, campers and their families.
This includes developing and executing training curriculum for full time and summer staff for effective ministry. Coordinating and training teachers and content deliverers. Overseeing development of content for parents, campers and staffers. Ministering to campers, their families, and staff through teaching and speaking ministries. Implementing a process of organizational planning that evaluates process, procedure, design, forecasting, and structure for the camp ministry. Establishing standards for effective recruiting and hiring practices and procedures for summer. Learning and implementing the rules and regulation of the Child Care Licensing requirements for residential camps. Helping to further develop and execute Annunciation Heights' vision and strategic objectives.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in camp/sport leadership, business or Christian ministries is preferred.
- REQUIRED Experience: At least 2-5 years of experience in camp ministry and/or in a full-time programmatic leadership role
- Start Date: Immediately - Please Apply Quickly!!
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee planning, implementation, and evaluation of seasonal and off-season programming activities as well as all programming throughout the summer
- Responsible to resource fresh ideas that are in keeping with new trends in children's, youth and family ministries
- Develop ongoing, meaningful relationships with Parishes, Youth Ministers, and Pastors throughout the Archdiocese of Denver and to resource speakers, and effective programming ideas with an eye toward strengthening youth & families through all programming
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer camp including programming, special events, off-site trips etc.
- Assist with the systemic approach to data base management for campers, families and alumni.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to ensure the enhancement of the camp operation.
- Develop routines, schedules and procedures for camp operation, including developing and enforcing policies that will lead to ACA Accreditation.
- Help to maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs, operations, and summer staff
- Supervise the development, execution and results of end of summer parent survey
- Help develop and monitor crisis management plans, including emergency procedures as they pertain to the complete supervision of all campers and staff
- Help ensure the camp's compliance with all CO State and Local Regulations
- Implement practices to recruit and retain seasonal staff
- Help establish job descriptions and pay scales for summer staff
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family
- The Program Director is entrusted to ensure that the staff and participants follow all camp policies, rules, and procedures correctly
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties Common to all Staff:
* Fully committed to the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and to creating an authentic Catholic culture based on those teachings and the wisdom of the saints
* A practicing Christian who seeks to follow Christ in his/her daily living and in interaction with other staff and guests (campers, parents, volunteer staff, user groups, etc.)
Annunciation Heights offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full time, year around salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 3/23/2021 1:56:52 PM