Search Page | Back to Results
Executive Chef Description:
Overview: Camp Berea is searching for a qualified, highly motivated, and organized individual who will ensure the safe, effective, and efficient use of the kitchen. This individual will assist with planning menus, ordering food, and executing each meal in a timely manner, all under the direction of the Berea Ministries Executive Chef.
This is a key hire as Berea continues to grow and expand operations across our locations. Our year-round programs continue to attract increasing numbers of attendees from around the Northeast.
• Each of Berea’s staff members are responsible to interact with guests as a function of their job to achieve Berea’s mission and help people take their Next Step with Jesus Christ. Therefore, every employee is responsible to uphold, embrace, and live out Berea’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement. It is crucial that each employee, regardless of their role, seeks to become more like Christ each day as part of their work to help foster an environment where true life change can occur.
• Working with a full-time team of driven and passionate people.
• Managing inventory of all food and supplies and maintaining overall cleanliness.
• Preparation of meals, setting up a buffet line, and direction of kitchen staff or volunteers.
• Organizing and distributing knowledge of food allergies and intolerances to better serve guests.
• Training and leading the summer staff kitchen team.
• Setting an example of joyful service.
• Maintaining state, local, OSHA, and ACA standards.
• An ideal candidate is disciplined, dependable, teachable, good with people, has strong administrative skills, general common sense, flexibility, and is willing to grow.
• A passion for Jesus Christ and His Church is required.
• Valid driver’s license.
• A ServSafe certification is preferred.
• Significant camping experience is preferred.
• Prior kitchen experience is preferred.
There is considerable room for professional growth for a person who is motivated, aspires to be used by God in great ways, and wants to have tremendous impact for the Kingdom.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 7/20/2022 7:27:53 PM