Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Director
Crystal Spring Camp, Medina, ND is looking for an energetic and experienced individual to manage their food service operations. CSBC serves nearly 5000 people annually through a busy year-round schedule. The Food Service Director position presents a great opportunity to serve the Lord's kingdom through providing high quality meals to our guests. Qualified applicants will need to possess a high level of creativity, multi-tasking, and people management skills. Other duties will include some hospitality/housekeeping services during the off-peak season. Come join our team, and see how the Lord can use your talents to light up the hearts and appetites of our campers!
Food Service Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: kitchen staff
Full-time Salaried Position
3% Retirement match plan offered.
3 bed/1bath on-site housing provided
Utilities/internet and TV services provided
2 weeks paid vacation and approximately 5 weeks of comp-time during off-peak season
Meals for staff and family are provided during all program events
Food Service Director’s Mission:
To plan, direct and supervise Crystal Springs Camp’s food service program. To provide guest and programs with food services that enhance their experience at Crystal Springs Camp through excellence in quality, logistics, service, and the entire dining experience. To reflect Christ through serving others.
1. Possess a living and vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Have a strong commitment to uphold the values and vision of Crystal Springs Camp and be able to work and live within a Christian Camp environment.
3. Food service management experience preferred.
- Experience with institutional cooking and feeding large groups.
- Ability to cook for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free diets if needed
- Creativity in menu planning and process improvement.
4. Skilled in the many aspects of kitchen management, cooking, food preparation, preservation, nutrition and sanitation
- Ability to use and maintain a full range of food service equipment.
5. Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise, work with and train a diverse team with little or no cooking experience.
- Outgoing and people oriented with an excellent attitude toward service.
- Strong organizational skills preparing work schedules, ordering supplies and maintaining inventory records.
- Ability to handle conflict in a respectful and professional manner.
6. Computer proficiency necessary for product ordering and related management responsibilities.
- All related skills necessary for menu planning for 3 meals a day, recipe scaling, budget preparation and evaluation, cost of food analysis etc…
7. Be physically able to lift (50 lbs. minimum), carry (10 ft. minimum), place items (up to 25 lbs.) at least two feet overhead, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
8. Flexibility in work schedule, high level of endurance, and willingness to assist with camp concerns when necessary.
1. Manages and coordinates all food services related to the camp.
2. Oversees and maintains general condition and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining facilities.
3. Oversees all kitchen related volunteers, part time and summer staff.
4. Assists the camp in fulfilling its mission as related to food services.
5. Participates in regular team and operations meetings.
6. Responsible for the training and development of Food Services staff.
7. Whenever possible, prepare menu items from scratch, as opposed to using “prepared foods”, for quality and economic purposes.
8. Will be ServSafe certified by the State of North Dakota and continually maintain certification.
9. Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
10. Develops and controls purchasing and inventory systems for all food service operations, including but not limited to all meals served and program related snacks or other special needs.
11. Responsible for menu planning and pricing within approved budgetary guidelines for all food service operations and services.
12. Monitors and inspects overall dining experience to assure total guest satisfaction
13. Responsible for all appropriate county Health Department standards and practices.
14. Is responsible to assist the program team in the nurture, spiritual formation and care of summer and seasonal staff working within the kitchen and dining hall.
1. Will assist housekeeping personnel in maintaining the cleanliness and order of the program facilities during off-peak season.
Send resume and contact info to:
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 8/13/2022 3:08:11 PM