Search Page | Back to Results
Spiritual Life Director
The Spiritual Life Director is tasked with preparing and implementing daily staff devotions, morning bible sessions and afternoon Prime Time (chapel) sessions for grades K-8. They also provide planning oversight for Wednesday night family events. This person is in charge of our camper follow-up program and being a mentor to staff members in regard to sharing their faith with our campers and their families.
1. Has received Jesus Christ as Savior.
2. Is committed to being a servant of God and demonstrates good Christian leadership and responsibility.
3. Must have graduated high school (preferably perusing or in possession of a degree in the youth ministry field or education).
4. Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a summer camp setting (or equivalent experience elsewhere).
All Camp Staff are responsible for:
1. Providing campers with a safe, enriching and rewarding Christian camp experience.
2. Developing the spiritual life of campers through conducting themselves in a Christ like manor.
3. Striving to maintain unity in Christ with all staff members.
1. Attend all assigned orientations meetings and activities.
2. Being spiritually prepared for camp.
3. Being physically fit for the heavy demands of camp.
4. Prepare a pre-camp session outlining all ways that we communicate the love of Christ to our campers.
5. Plan and implement pre-camp staff devotional and reflection times.
6. Meet with the Head Counselor for a pre-camp check in.
1. Arrive at camp no later than 8:00am and leaving no earlier than 4:15pm.
2. Planning all camp staff morning devotional times.
3. Planning and implementing all Morning Bible and Afternoon Prime Time Sessions.
4. Plan and implement all Wednesday night family camp fires (6:00 – 7:30pm)
5. Being active and enthusiastic in camper activities with the purpose of developing significant relationships opening doors to share the love of Christ with one another and our campers.
6. Develop significant relationships with staff members with the purpose of providing them with spiritual support through prayer and guidance.
7. Inform parents of any significant decision made by a camper or any conversations which you merit as spiritually impactful.
8. Provide oversight a camper follow-up program.
9. Oversee the ordering and distribution of camp Bibles.
10. Meeting with the Head Counselor for a mid-summer evaluation.
1. Compiling a report for the Director of Summer Programs highlighting areas in which we excelled and areas where improvement is needed in regard to our effectiveness in ministering to our campers.
2. Meeting with the Head Counselor for an end of summer evaluation.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 3/5/2020 9:44:46 AM