Search Page | Back to Results
Position: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: Lead Director
Responsible for overall management of the Maintenance department, including ensuring proper maintenance and/or construction of all buildings, grounds, and equipment, as well as all infrastructure. Responsible for supervision of all Maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must take part in the fire evacuation plan for the specific area assigned.
• The employee must accept the lodging from PCCC as a condition of employment in order to carry out responsibilities as outlined in the fire evacuation plan. The employee would not be able to perform this service without the lodging.
• Interviews, Instructs, trains, and supervises all maintenance personnel. Recommends to the Executive Director the hiring or dismissal of any employees under his supervision. Ensures that all Maintenance staff are trained in compliance with OSHA safety regulations.
• Submits for approval both operational and capital improvement budgets and maintains expenditures within the funds that are allocated. Provides reports and data on the maintenance operation as requested by the Executive Director.
• Maintains a record of expenditures of current construction and repair projects, and is responsible to assure that they are completed within the timeframes as established.
• Informs the Executive Director of all needed major repairs and equipment replacements that are outside the approved budgets for the year. and seeks purchase authorization before procuring said repairs and/or replacements.
• Ensures the overall safety of PCCC. Eliminates all fire or safety hazards as soon as possible. Ensures fire breaks to CDF recommendations.
• Ensures that all facilities, grounds, and infra-structure are properly maintained, including repairs lo damage and replacement of broken fixtures, interior and exterior painting, and maintenance lo all HVAC, electrical, refrigeration, and plumbing systems. Renovates & refurbishes current facilities and Infra-structure In an expedient manner. Ensures that all systems pertinent to projects are installed to industry standards.
• Ensures the integrity of the PCCC water system, making sure the water supply is tested regularly as required by the County Department of Environmental Health, and maintains all records to that extent.
• Ensures that all fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems are regularly tested and Inspected and are properly maintained.
• Ensures that the swimming pool is maintained to county standards.
• Ensures that all mechanical equipment, including vehicles, dozers, backhoes, golf carts, A TV's, and maintenance tools and equipment are included in preventative Maintenance Program and serviced on a regular basis.
• Serves as the project manager in planning, organizing. and directing of all building construction and/or renovation projects.
• Secures all permits as applicable from the County of San Diego.
• Works with all construction and maintenance volunteers to see that they are given proper instructions and furnished with required tools and materials.
• Provides utilities to "point of-use" per all departmental requests.
• Ensure that all firewood Is cut, split, stacked, and cover ready for winter use; all slash is chipped, or prepared for burning in winter.
• Ensure that firewood is prepared and ready at the fire rings for guest use, as directed by the Retreats Coordinator.
• Maintains a clean, safe, unobstructed workspace
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word.
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith, and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possesses interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests.
• Possesses excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
• Is proficient in basic Microsoft applications (Windows, Office, etc.).
• Possesses good managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, reliable, creative and good communicator.
• Must have a journeyman's rating in a construction trade, maintenance technician or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least (5) five years of experience in maintenance and/or construction responsibilities.
• Able to spend extended periods standing, sitting, walking. Must be able to lift over the head and bend over.
• Able to work in inclement weather conditions such as rain, snow, heat, wind, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required by their immediate supervisor to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 1/18/2023 5:27:22 PM