Search Page | Back to Results
Summer Staff: Come work on an island
Campus by the Sea is looking for individuals who will help us serve our guests while living in Christian community. We are seeking young adults (18+) to serve on our summer Kitchen, Facilities, and Program from the end of May to the beginning of August.
Campus by the Sea offers competitive pay, Christian community, and a chance to unplug from the stress of the world. The summer crew live as a community in tent cabins at Little Gallagher’s Cove, adjacent to our main camp, and are trained in job skills and teamwork. Activities for crew during the summer include worship gatherings, waterfront activities, BBQ and beach games, video nights and other celebration events. Crew spend time in small group Bible Studies and enjoy morning devotions with their teams.
- Help prepare meals for groups up to 280 people, including homemade bread and baked goods.
- Work hard to meet the three most important deadlines in camp: breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Responsible to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas.
- Work closely with the campers in assisting them with Opportunity to Serve (OTS). Campers participate in washing dishes after each meal and resetting the tables for the next meal.
We need those who enjoy working hard and can work closely together in a cozy kitchen with others. Our kitchen crew is important to us, and one that works well together is truly a blessing.
These crew members serve in many areas:
- Handle light facility maintenance such as daily cleaning of the bath pavilion, cabin cleaning and trash collection.
- Help unload groceries and supplies from camp boats.
- Ensure the safety of the campers on the beach and in the boats.
- Must be willing to train for first aid, CPR and life-guarding certificates.
Serving on the Grounds/Waterfront crew requires a willingness to work hard and serve with a good attitude.
-Serve on family camp program helping with different age groups.
-Be an enthusiastic participant in all events to help students and families feel more engaged in the program.
-Serve on Como camp staff by being a Dean for at least 2 sessions in a row (Deans must have 1 year of college complete)
-Leaders of games and helping the students participate in all areas of the program.
Serving on program requires a willingness to be more engaged, enthusiastic, and to be a leader for the students and other participants of camp. This position will go in tandem with facilities crew, as this is not an all summer long position.
Ready to apply, or want more information, visit the below website!
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Guest Services
Updated: 1/21/2022 12:52:06 PM