Search Page | Back to Results
Facilities Team Member
Live in beautiful Lancaster, PA!
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ exhibiting evidence of a consistent, growing, daily walk.
2. Desires to serve the Lord and to make Him known to others. Heart to disciple young people during the summer and throughout the year as opportunity arises.
3. Is in agreement with Black Rock Retreat's purpose, statement of faith, and policies.
4. Is flexible and able to work with staff, volunteers, retreat guests, campers, and others.
5. Has strong leadership qualities and is a good Christian role model.
6. Is willing to forgo personal rights for the common good of others and the organization; servant attitude, i.e. Phil. 2:5.
1. Has experience in the maintenance field and with managing people.
2. Possesses a good overall knowledge of maintenance skills: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, janitorial, and housekeeping.
3. Has deep understanding of critical management concepts: planning, organizing, delegating, directing, problem solving, and controlling labor, money, and equipment.
4. Has good computer and organizational skills and is detail oriented.
5. Has good decision-making abilities.
6. Able to do good research in order to make competent and value driven purchases.
7. Able to operate effectively under pressure.
8. Is accomplished manager of people and talent: able to manage performance, hold individuals and teams accountable for outcomes, and coach talent to higher levels of achievement.
9. Has a strong sense of safety and security for staff, campers, guests and visitors.
10. Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
1. Maintain all physical aspects of the property as outlined in the Methodized Maintenance Manual and Maintenance Procedure Manual:
a. Buildings & Facilities
2. Be familiar with electrical, water, mechanical and sewage systems in order to evaluate and facilitate needed repairs. Be prepared to handle emergency situations and acquainted with who to call.
3. Become familiar with government inspection guidelines and adhere to them. This includes scheduling, coordinating and supervising all regulatory requirements at the local municipality, state and federal levels.
6. Keep accurate records of projects, inspections and sewer and water quality and control.
7. Be mentally and spiritually alert and safety conscious, displaying a personable and positive work attitude.
8. Be available for any special projects or meetings as requested.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
Periodically attend training seminars, conferences, and workshops to stay current in maintenance, leadership and management related topics and skills. Learn and improve skills by observing other professionals who come onto the grounds to perform a task and encouraging those you supervise to do the same.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 1/15/2022 11:49:05 AM
Peter Fiorello III