Search Page | Back to Results
Director of Food Services
The Director of Food Service is responsible for managing the global food service operations of Sky Ranch as it pertains to guests and staff. Primary responsibilities include: directing and leading the operations of food service and ensuring that food services follow policies and procedures and meets federal and state regulations at each location. This position works with/supports each site’s camp director as well as the Department of Well Being to ensure all food service operations are meeting the needs and expectations from both an operational and organizational standpoint. This individual will be responsible for guiding the quality and quantity of meals, and oversees the hiring, training and development of staff within the Food Service department at all camp locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide direction and supervision of direct reports; provide professional growth and development; develop and communicate goals and objectives; monitor, evaluate, and provide constructive feedback and direction to direct reports; conduct annual performance and ongoing evaluation.
• Direct the inventory and ordering of food and beverage, equipment and supplies and spaces.
• Ensure employees comply with health and food safety standards and regulations. Work with Food Service managers at each site to ensure that new food service staff is receiving standardized, up-to-date training.
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service.
• Communicate regularly with Camp Directors regarding site-specific food service budget, needs and customer feedback.
• Work with Food Vendors to ensure that Sky Ranch is receiving the best service and quality products.
• Develop and maintain food service operational calendar, review menus for variety and verify that they meet nutritional and dietary guidelines.
• Respond to requests for information in a timely manner from supervisors, staff, and guests.
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
• Active member of the Global Leadership Team which meets monthly to communicate across all Sky Ranch sites and ensure that the vision of Sky Ranch is being carried out at all sites consistently.
• Collaborates with the Well Being Department, which consists of the Health Director, Safety Director and Food Service Director to ensure guest’s special dietary needs and/or food allergies are met and communicated to staff.
• Responsible for workplace safety, team structure/staffing, strategic planning, budget-management, financial stewardship – including the oversight, planning, directing, efficiencies of use of monetary resources.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
• Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in restaurant and hospitality management or institutional food service management.
• Five years of experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• ServSafe Manager’s certificate
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• In-depth understanding of the field of food service and operations
• Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Basic internet and social media skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN:
• Ability to effectively manage staff in areas such as: selection, development, coaching, motivation, scheduling, and performance evaluation.
• Proven successful leadership experience and ability to build unity amongst a team and motivate them to work together toward a common mission.
• Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include but not limited to guests (youth and families), co-workers and peers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills. Ability to plan, manage, and report budgets proficiently. Exceptional financial management skills.
• Ability to provide logistical planning.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
• Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
• Ability to deal with complex situations or issues and make effective, timely and appropriate decisions.
• Ability to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Excellent, professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate the vision of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
• Regular physical effort required. Ability to use up to 25 or more pounds of force often.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination is all a daily part of the job in food service for everything from putting up groceries when they enter the building down to when you are making plates to be served to guests.
• Requires some physical agility, including but not limited to: bending for items below or reaching for items above the individual; stooping, and climbing step stools or ladder.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, occasionally up to 12 to 14 hours.
• Work indoors in a normal office environment most of the time, sometimes on the move at various camp sites.
• Daily exposure to physical risk, in the normal use of kitchen equipment and lifting and carrying heavy cases.
• Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD & LTD coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, along with PTO and paid holidays.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 3/26/2019 3:27:59 PM