Search Page | Back to Results
Youth Haven Michigan Campus Manager
The Michigan Campus Manager is the leader of the team of staff and volunteers responsible for the upkeep and management of the Michigan campus. In coordination with the Operations Director and President, this person will be responsible to ensure the campus is in excellent condition for all activities held on site at the Michigan campus including children's programming, special events, Lodge groups, etc... This includes the upkeep of the buildings, upkeep of roads, management of lawn care and grounds, as well as the planning and execution of any large projects such as facility additions or remodel projects. The Campus Manager is also responsible to assist in budgeting expenses related with the facilities and grounds management. Finally, the Campus Manager will be responsible to coordinate and host outside groups that desire to use the Lodge Conference Center at Youth Haven.
- Be a contagious and consistent Christian role model for both the children and the staff, in and outside of the ministry
- Lead devotions occasionally with the Youth Haven staff
- Lead regular meetings with the facilities and grounds team to coordinate the activities of each person
- Lead and assist with maintenance and facility work around the campus, ensuring the work being completed is done in a timely manner and with excellence, and that the campus is kept in a safe and usable state for the children who attend our programs. This position is a very hands on position, working with the facility and grounds staff & volunteers to maintain the Michigan property and buildings
- Work with ministry leadership, and facility and grounds staff, to strategically plan & implement improvements around the Michigan campus
- Oversee and manage facility and grounds volunteers in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator of Youth Haven
- Coordinate and manage the hosting of outside groups who desire to use the Lodge facility at Youth Haven. This includes oversight of the housekeeping staff responsibilities.
- Occasionally represent Youth Haven at community events, in coordination with the Director of Community Engagement or President
- Appropriately account for all expenses of the campus operations using purchase orders and prepare budget projections for upcoming projects and campus work -
- Submit regular reports to the President and Operations Director as to the ongoing activities at the Michigan Campus
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must love Jesus and have an active, growing personal relationship with Him!
- Have a passion and vision to reach children for Christ, specifically disadvantaged children
- Be evangelistic and missions focused, desiring to be part of a “seedsowing" ministry, focused on teaching the Gospel message to children who may never hear of Jesus Christ elsewhere
- Have a sincere and deep commitment to Youth Haven's mission and core values, understanding Youth Haven's purpose as a home missions organization
- Proven experience in the areas of rough and finish construction, electrical, plumbing, grounds care, painting, etc…
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to seek excellence in work accomplished, as well as challenge others to do the same
- Proven ability & willingness to lead others
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Flexibility in work schedule is important. Due to Youth Haven's children's ministries occurring on weekends throughout the year, a nonstandard schedule will often be required and flexibility will be crucial.
- Able to relocate and reside on the Michigan campus in provided housing
Youth Haven is a great place to work, with each member of our team using their gifts and skills to reach out to children in need. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits to our staff based upon experience and positional responsibilities. If you feel that serving the Lord at Youth Haven is what you'd like to do, and you possess the servant heart, skills and qualifications required for this position, please fill out our online application. You may attach a resume and cover letter during the application process.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 5/4/2018 2:06:45 PM