Search Page | Back to Results
Timothy Leader - Teen Discipleship
This is a summer position that runs June 6 - August 6, 2022.
As a Timothy Leader, you are considered summer staff leadership. You will oversee the Timothy program and the students within it, providing guidance and support throughout the summer season. The Timothy program is a teen discipleship program. As one of the leaders, you will facilitate meetings and activities for the teens while helping them strive for personal and spiritual growth throughout the summer. You will also actively participate in the creation of programming for campfires, chapels, electives, camp wide games etc. Should be able to speak in front of a group as you will also have the opportunity to lead devotions for staff and campers at campfires, chapels and small groups.
Prior camp and/or ministry experience is preferred as you will be leading others.
Full Job Description below.
Encourage the professional and spiritual growth of the Timothy Program
• Lead Bible Studies, Activities and Mentor Timothy Program members (all minors at camp).
• Organize and plan daily chapel services.
• Coordinate with Program Team to ensure chapels run efficient, organized and smoothly.
• Schedule weekly staff devotions and coordinate the staffing needs to cover supervisions of campers
during this time.
• Attend and actively participate in staff orientation.
• Attend and actively participate in all staff meetings.
• Complete a brief at the end of the summer.
• Support and enforce overall camp policies and procedures.
• Conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner likely to bring credit and respect to The Salvation Army
and its doctrinal teachings.
• Work the occasional Monday-Saturday week to accommodate a longer work week.
• Supervise Timothy staff during planned outings.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 5:59:17 PM