Search Page | Back to Results
2nd and 3rd Cook
This is a summer position from June 13-August 6 2022. 2nd cooks COULD be asked to start June 6.
The 2nd and 3rd Cooks work under our head cook to provide nutritious meals to our campers and staff. We are looking for someone who leads by example with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. Kitchen experience is preferred but not required.
18 years and older.
Full Job description below.
Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service program.
• Assist in the preparation of food.
• Set up food, supplies, and utensils for dining hall food distribution.
• Store food and leftovers at proper temperature and proper storage locations.
• Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and other food services areas.
• Clean and maintain all food-preparation and storage equipment.
• Reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as practically as possible.
• Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the dining hall.
• Prepare and store food according to camp and health code procedures.
• Assist in maintaining cleanliness of food room, refrigerators, freezers, and food preparation areas.
• Assist in putting away SYSCO order when delivered.
• Break down boxes and keep mop area clean at all times.
• Keep kitchen cupboards, walls, and countertops wiped clean & sanitized daily.
• Prepare and serve staff snacks as directed by Head Cook.
• Attend and actively participate in Orientation.
• Maintain a standard of integrity & morality that promotes Jesus Christ at all times.
• Maintain a standard of personal living, cleanliness & support to your co-workers.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at chapels
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during Sunday Services
• Assist cabin leaders in the supervision of campers and participate/lead nightly cabin devotions.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during campfires
• When time permits, away from main responsibilities, be involved with cabin buddy assignment to assist
with camper activities.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 11/18/2021 5:41:06 PM