Search Page | Back to Results
This is a summer position from June 13 through August 6, 2022.
As Head Nurse at Camp Mt. Crags, you will be given an opportunity to minister to the needs of campers from all over Los Angeles, many of whom come from underprivileged homes. Use your gifts and skills to make a difference in a camper's life.
Please note: Applicants must have completed a Registered Nursing program or equivalent. Please inquire with any questions.
Full Job Description Below:
Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health care for campers and staff. These responsibilities are performed in accordance with current Standing Orders and within the camp policy and procedures.
Provide health care and first aid to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
• Follow camps health care policies and procedures.
• Follow all State and local COVID-19 guidelines and practices.
• Assist camp leadership in enforcing COVID-19 safe practices among staff and campers.
• Set up and stock the camp dispensary before the first camp.
• Maintain inventory of all medical supplies and equipment.
• Be aware of and follow all American Camp Association standards relating to health care.
• Maintain detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
• Ensure staff and camper health examinations are current and on file.
• Prepare and utilize daily medical log for treatment and medications.
• Prepare and record insurance and accident report forms.
• Prepare and distribute first aid kits throughout camp.
• Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on health care policy and procedures.
• Ensure camp staff and campers know their role related to health care and first aid.
• Ensure orientation is provided that includes standing orders, dispensary hours and procedures, specific
camper health and social needs, emergency procedures, staff health assessment of campers, policies on
contacting parents, transportation to health facilities out of camp, and risk management procedures.
• Screen all campers and staff within 24 hours of their arrival to camp.
• Verify emergency authorization for each camper and minor staff member.
• Identify any observable evidence of illness or communicable diseases.
• Conduct a health assessment and COVID-19 temperature check and health screening.
• Keep all medications used by campers and staff secured.
• Supervise sanitary conditions of dispensary.
• Observe daily cleanliness in the food service facility and other areas throughout camp.
• Report any health problems or symptoms of illness to the Camp Director.
• Be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their child’s health by following camp
policy and procedures.
• Be knowledgeable of outside health resources.
• Train a medication distributor for each of our Day Camp teams.
• Oversee records of medication distribution taking place at Day Camp locations.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at chapels
• Assist cabin leaders in the supervision of campers and participate/lead nightly cabin devotions.
• Assist with and be involved with the supervision of campers at during campfires
• When time permits, away from main responsibilities, be involved with cabin buddy assignment to assist
with camper activities.
• Other assigned duties as needed.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/18/2021 5:39:00 PM