Search Page | Back to Results
Maintenance / Waterfront Crew Lead
Full time, year round position with health benefits, paid vacation, comfortable shared housing and 403b options. PAY IS BASED ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, a desire to grow spiritually, an aptitude for leadership, and a desire to work and grow in a fast paced Christian camp environment. There is room to grow in this position.
• Assist the Facility Coordinator in the leadership of our Crew LTE (limited term employees) to achieve short term and long term facility goals in the area of recreation, maintenance, hospitality and projects.
• Lead and perform regular cleaning of guest cabins, meeting rooms & bathroom facilities, while balancing time and task demands.
• Ability to learn to drive boats and camp heavy equipment to achieve our goals.
• Lead and provide on-going upkeep of CBS grounds including waterfront & recreation areas.
• Serve as a certified lifeguard at our ocean waterfront helping CBS guests.
• Assist CBS guests with kayaks, snorkel shop and other recreation gear.
• Assist in the transportation of food, supplies, equipment & waste to/from CBS.
• Lead volunteer groups of all types and ages.
• Works well under the daily guidance of the Facility Coordinator.
• Operate vehicles & equipment in support of guest activities & on-going operations
• Assist in training other staff & volunteers in proper operation of CBS assets
• Support a variety projects associated with waterfront, buildings & infrastructure
• Annually affirm our Statement of Faith (http://www.intervarsity.org/about/our/our-doctrinal-basis)
• Ability to work 40 hours per week on a varied schedule
• Have good communication skills & a service-oriented attitude
• Physical ability & willingness to serve as a certified lifeguard (training provided)
• Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools & light equipment
• High School graduate, at least 18 years of age
• Ability to stand for long periods & to lift or carry items 50 lbs. or less
• Valid Driver's License
• Have experience in the operation of heavy equipment & vehicles
• Possess knowledge of plumbing, electrical & carpentry principles
• Professional certifications including: Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR & AED
• InterVarsity background or equivalent ministry experience & culture
• College graduate, trade-school certificate or post-secondary coursework
• Preferably at least 21 years of age
• CBS currently has shared housing available only
• There are possible opportunities for advancement in this area
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 1/9/2023 1:17:02 PM